How to: install wrx fogs in your 04/05 STi

DownforceTom

1. Get stock wrx foglight housings, covers, switch & relay. This pile of stuff should be under $100.
IMAG0671.jpg

Switch & relay not pictured.

2. Drink some of that cheap beer, you've earned a break tiger.

3. Back to work! Open your drivers side door and pull out the fuse panel by where your left knee goes. Look in & to the right of the fuses, the black squares of plastic are relays. Find the missing one, 3 spots up from the bottom. Wiggle that thing in there & close it back up. You're on your way now!

4. Take anything like a flathead screwdriver, butter knife, really long fingernail, key or whatever's in your pocket and use it to pry out the dead panel button on the left of your I/C sprayer button. Unclip the wires plugged into it. Plug in your wrx fog switch. You're on fire you stud, we're all proud of you. Keep up the good work.

5. Get out of the car and sit down in front of it. Dont forget to grunt & complain about getting too old for this stuff.

6. Pull out your STi fog covers, put a little muscle in ya Nancy.

7. Reach in there and find the wiring harnesses that Subaru was nice enough to leave in there for you. Thanks!.

8. Plug them in. Go test them at this point.

9. You've got light now? Like this?

IMG_20131030_194256-1.jpg

10. Awesome. You're king of the castle, time to wrap this up. Jack the car up and pull back your splash guard liner. Don't call it that! It's protective armor because...because race car, obvs. Peel it back after taking out a pop clip or two. Look up in there and find the two holes you need to bolt into your fog lights. Fill those holes with a bolt. Put the protective piece back.

11. You forgot to put the wrx covers on. Stupid! Push them into place, pretty simple.

12. You're done, bask in all your lighted goodness. Then go post a lame writeup & hope somebody appreciates the attempt at humor & knowledge. Anyone? Validate all this typing please.

13. Realize you still need paint.
2013-10-22_17-24-05-1.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Stuck this thread!

Great job. I'll be doing this same project soon I hope.

:ty: for the write up Tom. Very enjoyable.

DownforceTom

I simplified some parts a bit but hey, I'm busy watching a basketball game/typing this all on my phone. Seriously, first world problems.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm impressed. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Awesome job! :tup: