How To: Create the proper tool box for track days

Undecisive

Here is a decent Track Day tool box I found on Octane Report, figured I would share it with all of you.

Feel free to add or remove from this. One thing I noticed they forgot was a portable air compressor, and a tire pressure gauge.

track-racer-toolbox-00.jpg

The toolbox itself, of course. It?s going to see a lot of use and abuse, so don?t feel the need to buy one that?s outrageously perfect. But don?t go too cheap either. Extra storage compartments to hold bumper fasteners and common spare screws, bolts and nuts are also a plus.

track-racer-toolbox-01.jpg

A set of gloves to keep oils and grease from getting from your hands to the interior (latex or nitrile are also good for touching non-heated parts). Light, knife, zip-ties (important), marker/pen/pencil, measuring tape or ruler, tape and blue threadlocker.

track-racer-toolbox-02.jpg

Breaker bar, ratchets (with pipe handle extension and various u-joints/extensions) and sockets. Mix and match standard or metric sockets to best match the common bolts on your car.

track-racer-toolbox-03.jpg

Screwdrivers, cutters, file (with requisite sharp jagged tip) and needle nose pliers.

track-racer-toolbox-04.jpg

Adjustable wrench, Channel lock pliers, hammer, magnetic pick-up tool and hex keys. Everything functional but nothing too nice. There?s always the risk that you?ll forget/misplace something or that somebody will ruthlessly steal the box or the car itself that your box is sitting in. Leave the gold-plated stuff at home.

A set of box wrenches or Rachet Wrenches (Your preference)

Spare Fluids for the car (Power steering, Oil, Brake Fluid)
Funnel and hosing for bleeding brakes
Spare container for used fluids.