GD JJ's 2004 STi, 15,000 original miles & 5 years owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well here is my story. I'll keep it short and sweet. My name is JJ Smith and I live PA. I have a wife of 12 years and a 3 year old son. First let me tell you I have been a huge EVO fan and had a 2005 EVO called a EVO 330 all done up from Buschur Racing. It had about 50,000 miles on it when I got rid of it and wanted to come to the dark side as the EVO guys told me. So I looked into getting the baddest year of a STi they made which was the 2004 STi as I heard they where the rawest STi ever produced. I was gonna buy another EVO, but wanted something different this time around. Now the problem was to find a 2004 STi that wasn't beat up to hell and hacked up is another thing. I will not use ebay to buy a STi so I googled 04 STi and I found lots of STi's but nothing that wasn't modded up or had problems. I then came across a add for a 2004 STi with 4600 miles on it and made the call as I thought no way in the world does this car exsit. Well it did and it had some nice mods done to it as the guy was a freak about the car just like me. Here is the list of mods he had done to the car and three pictures of my car before I bought it.

1. Kenwood double din touch screen head unit.
2. Small alpine amp unde driver seat.
3. Alpine components in front doors.
4. Alpine sub under passengers seat.
5. Invidia V3 down-pipe.
6. Cobb accesspor Version 2. Running stage 2 Clark Tuner, 93 Octane.
7. Group N motor mounts and tranny mount.
8. TIC klunk killer comfort.
9. Whiteline steering rack bushings.
10. 3M Clear bra on car.
11. Front lip on car.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So I bought the car and then had it shipped to my door. Longest 6 weeks of my life. When it finally got here I was like wow, I was so shocked. It was everything I wanted and more. The owner gave me every orginal part he replaced with after market parts. Gave me all the boxes, every paper he had of the car. Also gave me a ton of books, manuals, and the window sticker. I was so in heaven.
attachment.php

So now I had to do something to the car cause I just can't leave it the way it was and wanted to put my own touch on the STi. So the first thing I did was put Rally Armor Flaps to protect the car and keep that beautiful paint from getting chipped up.
attachment.php

Next I wanted to hear that Subaru motor so since I had the Invidia V3 downpipe it was time to finish the exhaust off. I went with the Invidia N1 street exhaust and wow does it sound great. Super deep and low and sounds great with no cabin noise inside the car.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Next I had to have my windows tinted cause every car I every owned gets done so off to the shop to get done up. Looks good with 20% all the way around and saves the interior from heat.
attachment.php

Next since the floor matts have never been used I pulled them out right away to save them and put down all weather floor matts in the car and trunk area. I then got my custom PA plate which is my user name CRZTRBO. :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

OK to date my car has 9500 original miles and is running a 93 octane stage 2 Clark Tuner map. I have recently installed JDM window visors, mounted my Cobb Access-port, installed Sun Automobile grounding wires, and Perrin rear spoiler stiffies and Perrin front plate. I also installed a Forge BVP running yellow spring as my boost is around 23 PSI.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My goal for my car now is to go after the handling aspect of the car. I want this STi to ride on rails and will be auto-crossing this year and getting some track time under my feet. This car is what start this website IGOTASTi.COM and I hope you enjoy the site and information as much as I do. I will be updating my journal as I go.

My new Alleggerita HLT(Blue Painted) wheels with black Ray locking lugs are here and I will be installing them soon and I can't wait to see them on my STi. Here is alittle sneak peak, lol.
attachment.php

OK I finally got time to install my wheels today and man I must say them OZ are so freaking lite. I saved some weight today and from what I calculate without spare tire and tools in trunk and new wheels installed she lost around 34.5. Nice way to lose some weight, lol. Well now I'm onto suspension mods! Here is a picture of my new blue OZ wheels installed.
attachment.php

So for valentines day my wife got me some carbon fiber by "Carbign Craft". It's a rear license cover and the quality of their stuff is awesome. Great fit and finish and love the look of it. Man do I have a great wifey. :tup:
attachment.php

OK it was time to start the suspension mods for my STi. So I did the Whiteline 27mm adjustable sways in the front, and 24 mm rear adjustable sways in the rear, and sealed Whiteline endlinks. Wow what a difference! These pictures where taken on the rack and the car was adjusted on the ground. I'm running the hard setting. Next up is more suspension parts so stay tuned :tup:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I have decided to go ahead and get a GoPro HD Motorsports Hero Camera System Hero for my STi since I will be auto-crossing this year and going to the track. I must say this is truly a nice piece of equipment and I rate it 5 stars. I have decided to mount it on the front, back, and inside the car for all angles. Now back to your regular suspension programming. :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Update: 5-12-2011: Today was a big day for me as my 2004 WRX STi hit 10,000 miles today. Look at me go, lol. :rofl:
a6f9608b-7d55-cc3a.jpg

I decided to do a small mod on my STi and installed a set of the Hella Horns. I love em! All I can now say is Hella Horns FTW!
attachment.php

I'm still waiting on suspension parts to come in, but for now here is 6 wicked pictures of my STi at the track! Damm I think I wanna marry my car. :rofl:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

10-1-2011: It's been awhile since I have had to chance to buy anything for the car since I have been so busy with the company I.G.O.T.A. Well I added a carbign craft alternator cover. Problem is I can't see it when I drive. :rofl:
attachment.php

2-2-2012: Well it's been awhile since I got to update anything new and I'm proud to say I got a great wifey. Look what she bought me for Valentines Day. 4 Star Specs size 245/40/17. I'm in love........
attachment.php

3-6-2012: I'm ready to get my STi out for the spring and summer months and needed a new battery. I installed a new AMS Performance battery. My Lexi saved 25 pds and is looking great! I can't wait till spring is here!
attachment.php

5-1-2013: Today was the first day I got Lexi out of storage. Been a long winter, lol. First thing I did was check her all over. Second I changed the oil with Amsoil Dominator, and third added my first mod of the season. My new STi Value Stem Caps.
attachment.php
5-4-2013: Today I added the Torque Solution Billet Aluminum Stop Tranny Mount. Well now since this has made a huge difference I'm going to order the rest of the kit from them and change out the other mounts out as well! DANG YOU MODS! :rambo:
attachment.php
5-9-2013: A big shout out to Jeremy from StreetMasters for helping me get this awesome HKS Ti-Carbon Fiber Exhaust. Fit and finish was perfect and the quality was the best I have ever seen since this being my 3 exhaust, lol. This piece is awesome. Check out the pics and sound video below.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well I'm still waiting for my new OZ wheels! 3 came in but the 4th one is who the heck knows where. :idontgetit:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah they had to order them from OZ in Italy cause it was a special order. So 3 came in, but not the 4th one! So sad right now. :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Still waiting for my 4th wheel...........:idontgetit:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I'm still waiting...................................:cry:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Why yes sir they are!

06STI360

Haha thats too funny, I loved those tires.. just couldn't justify 230 a piece for a tire that lasts 10K at the most lol. Those are probably hard as rocks by now lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
To be honest they are smooth and not hard at all and no wear showing on them. The guy kept the car in the air and so do I on a rack all winter long and they have been kept tire shined up so are nice and smooth. People don't believe me until the see it, lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well let's see. I have some many I can't even list them all, lol. We have a garage and we got tons of different cars. I get them cheap, fix them up and resell them. The STi goes away in the winter and comes out in the spring! I drive a truck or whatever in the winter time. Our winters up here can rip a car apart quick with all that crap they put on the roads.

Paul.c

I hate when they salt/sand the roads here in TX just because of a little ice. I am more scared of the salt/sand than the ice. The salt/sand will last 2-3 weeks whereas the ice lasts 2-3 days.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Yeah that crap just messes up a car so quick. So I have always drove a beater in the winter.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nope that dam thing hasn't showed up yet! It's been over 2 months since I placed my order for my wheels and it's driving me nutz! It's like 1 came, then 2 came, then lugs, then I was like well where is the 4th wheel. The 4th wheel shipped from Italy 10/29. So gotta be here soon I hope or Santa Claus is going to get a ear full this year, lol.

FasT STi

Nope that dam thing hasn't showed up yet! It's been over 2 months since I placed my order for my wheels and it's driving me nutz! It's like 1 came, then 2 came, then lugs, then I was like well where is the 4th wheel. The 4th wheel shipped from Italy 10/29. So gotta be here soon I hope or Santa Claus is going to get a ear full this year, lol.

Did you buy tires too or just the wheels? get some pics up JJ i wanna see lol

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well my original tires are still like new so gonna use them first, lol. Then who knows what I will get. I will post pictures once they come and I get them all installed on the car. Man over 2 months for a mod is a long time, lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well if I end up changing the suspension around or lowering it I wanna make sure I have one more inch clearance to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.