How To: VA Disable Daytime Running Lights on 2006 STi

Stizzy

Im not sure if this is the same on WRX's or other year STi's, but I imagine it is the same concept for them. This whole process took me about 7 minutes.

Tools needed:

*Phillips screwdriver

STEP ONE:First thing to do is grab your screwdriver and remove the glovebox. There are 9 screws, and one phillips pop-clip on the far right side where the door and glovebox meet.

glovebox.jpg

STEP TWO:Next, all you have to do is follow the pictures to the daytime running light module and just un-clip it. After it's unclipped, check to make sure it worked (it should) and put your glovebox back on!

daytime1.jpg

daytime2.jpg

daytime4.jpg

daytime5.jpg

daytime6.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
This is very useful info... I have been wondering if this could be done because I hate DRL's... Now I know... Thanks a lot for the contribution! :tup:

C NO EVO

That's sick, I've seen other tutorials where people cut wires and all that junk... This is useful! Thanks for the post

STimedic

I'll have to see if this works on the 05 STi when I get home. Maybe now I can have high beams.

The 05 had the split beam, the bugeyes had the single beam, and with the DRL, I wasn't able to hook up the high beam wires unless I wanted constant high beams.