How To: VA Frozenboost.com AN fittings

After several failed methods below is the most efficient way I have found to install the AN fittings sold on www.frozenboost.com. These fittings are just about the cheapest you will find anywhere, offer good quality, and work as advertised. They do require a little more effort to assemble then others on the market that I have used but hopefully this writeup will assist with that.

Tools used:
-vise
-rubber mallet
-adjustable wrench
-pliers
-small flat head screw driver
-circumciser
-electrical tape (for coating the vise and wrench to protect the fittings finish)

Before proceeding PUT ON GLOVES.

The first step is obviously measuring and cutting the hose. I didn't take pictures of this but its fairly simple. I took masking tape and wrapped a good 3" of where I eyeballed the cut would go then measured and marked with a Sharpe. I then used a cut off wheel to make the cut.

Once the hose is cut and the tape is removed it should look like this:

15fa5a9d.jpg

BEFORE PROCEEDING SLIDE THE OUTSIDE OF THE FITTING ON THE LINE.

Now you're going to take a small screw driver and feather out the stainless casing from the Teflon tube.

04ab5994.jpg

Keep at it until it looks like this:

566517f4.jpg

Now slide on the brass collar:

0f3df582.jpg

The collar wont slide on all the way with out some force. I simply took the hose and banged it on my work bench (be careful not to kink the hose). This step also helps feather out the stainless casing.

09b0ad68.jpg

It should now look like this:

1fa2bee8.jpg

You'll want the collar to have 1/8th or so exposed tube protruding from the collar. You may need to grab the collar with some pliers and move it down (be careful not to crush the brass collar).

d4024c1c.jpg

Now you're going to want to grab the screw driver and feather out the casing some more.

7e0e3576.jpg

This next step is crucial and not following it will result in ruined fittings. You need to trim down the feathered out stainless casing. I used my circumciser for this.

59a9a068.jpg

ac64d82a.jpg

It should look like this when finished:

70cca155.jpg

Now slide the outside of the fitting up and make sure there are no wires in the threads. Take your fitting end and insert it into the tube. It does not go in easily so get it in by hand as far as possible.

f111bc0f.jpg

Getting the fitting all the way in is hard. It can be done by hand but after doing several I got lazy and used a vise and a rubber mallet.

d85235f3.jpg

e9f9db42.jpg

Now you will want to screw together the two pieces. You can use a vise to hold one end but I did it mostly so I could take a picture.

6b55d26c.jpg

You are now done with one fitting.... now just to repeat the process 12 more times. :D

f616f76a.jpg

Last edited:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice write up. Thank you.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Wow how did I miss this one!

I could have used this when I was doing my fuel lines way back when. I have $100 worth of ruined fittings and SS braided Teflon hose. :|