GD George's cars (Retired)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Both these cars are retired now. The STi was sold years ago and the Kouki is done... Destroyed by some selfish asshole texting while driving. These things are being hunted to extinction and are getting rarer and rarer.

Every project highlighted in this journal has now been abandoned. On to new horizons.

------- Original Content -------

CIMG0326-Edit.jpg

This was Bob. One of the best cars I have eve owned, this was my rolling experiment. I did everything my self including tuning. Over the past couple of years it has both given and taken. Recently it suffered a catastrophic failure of the engine for the sixth time and finances no longer allowed me to keep it. I am fortunate enough to know all I need to know about cars and have the ability and wherewithal to do all the work myself but this was pretty much the last straw. I am fully aware that some of the failures were brought on by myself as a result of tuning but it afforded me the opportunity to learn from my mistakes and not experiment with other peoples cars. Because of this car I can now consider myself an expert in many aspects of the STi

I took the knowledge I learned from working on my own vehicles and applied it to help others less incline to do this on their own. This is what it's all about to me... What I can give back to the Subaru community. If I can help one person learn from my experiences, then all the thousands of dollars I spent in mistakes on my own car has paid off ten fold IMO.

20140704_150131.jpg

Kouki1.jpg

20140704_150022.jpg

20140704_150105.jpg

Now on to my next project. This is my 1997 240SX SE Kouki. It is a true USDM kouki and I was pleased to find out the they made only 3650 of them in the US. I found this one on AutoTrader from Texas. I fell instantly in love with it so I had to have it. So I hopped on a plane and drove it home. Since then I have done many suspension mods. I am currently working in the electronics and interior and by the summer I hope to start work on the engine. My plan with that is to do a monster build on the existing KA but I want to do it in phases. I will start with the AEM V2 EMS on the stock NA block to get myself familiar with that as a tuning platform. Then do a turbo and AWIC setup. I plan on starting with the stock bottom end and put a very mild tune on it. This will allow me to fine tune the ECU for drivability while a spare block is being built. This way when I install the built block, it will have a safe tune from the get go.

By no means is this car an STi but then again why compare apples to oranges. Each platform has its advantages. The thing I like about this car is the sexy looks, the glorious interior and the smooth ride. But above all is the handling. Right now it is set up for autocross and time attack suspension wise and I can say without reserve that it will annihilate the STi around corners. I don't think I will ever drift it though because these cars are capable of so much more. I have high hopes for this car.

My plans for the future are to get myself back into an STi but this time I will have them both. Time will tell.

Highlights...

Arduino project

Attachments

• CIMG0158.jpg
    CIMG0158.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 148
  • CIMG0160.jpg
    CIMG0160.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 165
  • CIMG0330.jpg
    CIMG0330.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 143
  • CIMG0098.jpg
    CIMG0098.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 251
  • CIMG0331.jpg
    CIMG0331.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 20140704_150105.jpg
    20140704_150105.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
STi Mod List

Engine

Current build (Rebuilt by HolyCrapItsFast Performance)
---- CP pistons
---- Manely TurboTuff Rods
---- Modified STi Crank
---- ACL Race Bearings
---- Balanced rotating assembly
---- Machine work by Ace Crankshaft, Deer Park, NY
- ARP Head Studs
- Heads
---- Ported
---- Polished
---- Bowls blended
---- BC Valves
---- BC Springs & Retainers
---- BC 272 cams
- Covert Performace oil pick-up tube
- 11mm Oil Pump
- Stock head gaskets
- Gates timing belt kit
- NGK iridium (one step colder)
- AMR T60R (8cm Housing)
- Agency Power Turbo Inlet
- TGV Deletes
- Modified (ebay) oil catch cans
- Prodrive 3 port boost controller
- 170* thermostat. I believe the hype
- Zietronix 3.5 bar MAP sensor
- Synapse Synchronic BOV w/Anti stall valve. Will soon reconfigure for use as a BPV.
- Ceramic Coated CX Racing TMIC
- KStech Megamaf 83mm
- Cobb cold air box
- JEC 1000CC Side Feed injectors
- Aeromotive side feed fuel rails
- Deatschwerks 300lph fuel pump
- Vision FPR w/liquid filled gauge
- Custom parallel fuel system
- Invidia V2 catted down pipe
- Invidia N1 cat-back
- Prosport UEL Headers
- Cobb AccessPort
- Self tuned maps for 93 and E85 (By HolyCrapItsFast Performance w/input by MSPT)
- Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Radiator Shroud

Suspension/Drive Train

- F1 six puck clutch with ACT XTSS pressure plate
- 14lb Light weight flywheel
- Megan Motor, Transmission and Pithch Stop mounts
- Perrin Strut Bar
- Perrin 24mm front sway bar
- Perrin 22mm rear sway bar
- Perrin End Links
- 18x8? wheels w/245/40 tires
- NEX coilovers (cheap sh!t, but I like emm so far.)
- Cross drilled rotors

Exterior

- Siebon Carbon Fiber hood
- BaysonR Carbon Fiber lip spoiler
- APR Carbon Canards
- Carbon Fiber Grills
- Perrin wing stabilizers

Intreior

- Carbon Dash kit
- Apex Spec C, ECU monitoring and diagnostic tool
- ProSport Evo series Gauges, Oil and Boost
- AEM Wideband
- Eclipse DVD, Navigation
- Polk Audio door speakers
- Kicker Sub
- Boston Acoustics amps
- Prestige alarm w/remote start and pager remote

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
240 Project List:
- Suspension
- Gauges
- Carbon Wrap
- Seats
- Alarm and Remote Start
- In Car PC
- Battery relocation

- LED Lighting interior
- Kouki Wing
- Body Kit
- Wheels and Tires
- LED Lighting exterior
- Short Sifter
- Engine (turbo, AWIC, AEM V2)

02-07-2013

Here is a little outline on the turbo project I have planned. Here I will list the parts I plan to purchase and install shortly after...

Turbonetics GT-K 450 turbo w/wet housing
Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
Deatschwerks 810CC side feed injectors
Sard FPR
AWIC, 14x4x5
HeatExchanger, 26x7x2
AWIC installation kit w/pump, fill cap and spout
Synapse synchronic BOV
Synapse synchronic wastegate
Custom fab exhaust manifold and down pipe (drift ready performance)
Custom fab intercooler piping (drift ready performance)

Attachments

• CIMG0094.jpg
    CIMG0094.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 123
  • CIMG0140.jpg
    CIMG0140.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 128
  • CIMG0141-A-800x600.jpg
    CIMG0141-A-800x600.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 180
  • CIMG0407.jpg
    CIMG0407.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 126
  • CIMG0157.jpg
    CIMG0157.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Old engine setup

Engine5.JPG

Engine6.JPG

CIMG0079.JPG

CIMG0080.JPG

CIMG0082.JPG

Some pics of the build highlites along the way...

CIMG0411.jpg

CIMG0426.JPG

CIMG0427.JPG

CIMG0446.jpg

CIMG0447.jpg

CIMG0455.JPG

CIMG0454.jpg

CIMG0466.jpg

CIMG0469.jpg

And My new BOV (Soon to be BPV). This thing is expensive but it does every thing they say it does. No matter how I try I can't get the turbo to surge. The previous BOV it was surging all the time. Shifting is very crisp also. I will be reconfiguring it soon as a BPV so I can take full advantage of the Synchronic technology. I recommend this for any BOV/BPV application.

CIMG0467.jpg

CIMG0625.JPG

CIMG0626.JPG

CIMG0675.JPG

CIMG0677.JPG

CIMG0678.JPG

20120825_144738.jpg

20120825_144751.jpg

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

IMAG0193.jpg

2012-11-19_12-13-42_HDR.jpg

20130220_214951.jpg

20130220_215403.jpg

20130220_215843.jpg

20130220_220125.jpg

20130220_220208.jpg

20130220_220531.jpg

20130228_182317.jpg

CIMG0004.JPG

CIMG0075.JPG

attachment.php

FCA.jpg

20140609_194326.jpg

20140620_112916.jpg

20140620_112923.jpg

20140905_155711.jpg

20140905_155911.jpg

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Glad to see you want to go AWIC. Looking forward to seeing more!

Yup. Ever since TG did it I knew it could be done. He has a very inspiring build. And you have some crazy good ideas to.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Thanks man, I put up my drawings. I should have used a crayon. :tard:

LOL... I saw them and I think they're great. I always draw out my ideas like that before I do any kind of rendering in the computer. It gives me a base to work with and the beginning concept. Without it I am lost.

toomes

fap fap fap. I bailed out of painting my block because I was I was to afraid it was going to pop again and I am driving it in the snow for the first time.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yeah... I didn't bother this time either. Right now it is naked LOL.

My next build will be different. I'm considering having it powder coated. I just have two questions concerning this and I will make my decision once I have concluded my study but...

A. what does this do to the thermal properties of the block. Am I locking in excess heat that otherwise would dissipate through the air.

B. what color scheme am I going with next. I'm kinda over the whole Optimus Prime look I have going here.

stichris

dude a superman look would be sick!! lol but u cant have lime green ahahahha.... and also do the batt relocate ahah stop hold off i just finished mine up today it was great

Last edited:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Take some pictures of that!!! I have all the parts ready to go. I'm just waiting for things to warm up a bit. I'm doing the batt relocation because I'm looking to install an oil cooler and that is where I'm putting the filter relocation kit I have.

dude a superman look would be sick!! lol but u cant have lime green ahahahha.... and also do the batt relocate ahah stop hold off i just finished mine up today it was great

stichris

hmm thatts a great idea actully i was thinking about putting a catch can there but that is even better and yea i will get some pics we should do a how to for ett

Paul.c

I tried to do some research on the thermal properties of a powder coat but was unsuccessful. Most of the stuff I found was related to overheating aluminium blocks due to the powdercoat processes. Obviously the coating can withstand the heat.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I tried to do some research on the thermal properties of a powder coat but was unsuccessful. Most of the stuff I found was related to overheating aluminium blocks due to the powdercoat processes. Obviously the coating can withstand the heat.

I'm not too worried about the paint holding up. I'm actually worried it would hold the heat in. With regular paint I don't think it would be an issue but powder coat is a bit thicker and could be insulating to the point it won't allow heat to dissipate. I'm still thinking it won't be an issue because I think that's what the idea of a water cooled system is. But still i should look into it before I attempt it. Maybe if i use a water wetter in the cooling system it won't be an issue at all.

However, as you have discovered, it is becoming increasingly unlikely that I will find any conclusive info on the subject. I found allot of references but all just speculative. Some are for and others are against.

Paul.c

I really doubt it would be an issue for cooling. If it were air cooled that would be different. Water cooled is the key. You should just do it to see if it will work.:)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Yes I got that. Thank you!

Have you noticed any decrease in power or voltage consitency at all. I'm a little worried about that and I'm wondering if I will need a grounding stabilizer.

stichris

To tell u the truth my engine is getting built right now so idk ..sorry guy but I will be doing a better ground then I have in the pics and probly a ground kit