Best $5 you can spend before you go to the track (seatbelt lock)

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Seat+Belt+Locking+Clip.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Graco-4045-Seatbelt-Locking-Clip/dp/B0002ADQOU

Its a seatbelt lock. A huge problem at the track, even if you don't realize it, is sliding around in your seat, and using the steering wheel to stabilize yourself. Almost all street-legal cars don't have a harness, which you need to firmly hold you in place. Some people use harness bars as a work around, but there are some serious safety concerns with those.

This $5 piece will lock your seatbelt in place, and will keep you VERY snugly planted in your seat. The competitior to this product is the CG Lock, which does roughly the same thing for >=10x the price. I've heard the CG-Lock also abraids the seatbelts in a bad way.

It's $5 and its awesome. If you have instructors/passengers, get two...they'll thank you!

Here's how it installs (this is the CG-lock, but they both install the same.)

cg-lock_fitted.png

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice. Great post.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Bought 6 of these for $30 shipped to my house. I went to test them and wow are they amazing. I kept 2 and I gave 2 to each of my two best friends. They were impressed! :tup:

STIKC

So your sayin that if I buy one of these I can strap a model in my seat and she can't escape? :p hmmm that is worth 5 bucks! lol

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
I just ordered a couple of these. I haven't been on the track since I bought them, but I
drive like a maniac at some point each day and I must say, I'm impressed. One thing I always
hated was the lap section of the belt getting pulled too tight. No more of that. Great product.