Numbers:
Dyno: Mustang
Tuner: Cobb in Plano
Wheel HP: 436 @ 6560rpm/ 499 @ 6400
Wheel TQ: 426 @ 4430rpm/ 468 @ 4300
Ambient Temp: 80*
Elevation: ~430' Above sea level
Story:
I first got my Aspen white 06 STI when I was returning to the states after serving in Korea for 2 years. I reenlisted in the Army in Apr. 06'. I got $12,500, after taxes, for a bonus. That's where my jouney for mods began.
My mod list with my bonus consisted of all my defi gauges/controller and center gauge pod, my Pioneer head unit. intake, fmic, dp w/ custom exhaust, walbro 255 and the utec. It was only road tuned so I don't know the power numbers for those mods. I do know that it was really rich, pushing 21psi and would have HUGE backfires and get horrible boost creep.
I drove it like that for about 8 months then got deployed x-mas 2006. I married my girlfriend and we had our son while I was home on mid-tour leave. I think all I got was my a-pillar gauge pod and some exhaust hangers. I had to take care of the family and furniture for a home I was to return to instead of the barracks.
Taxes came back in 2008 and I got my hood from a buddy who was going to trade in his 07 wrx for an 05 STI. I got some headers for my bday and made 270whp/276wtq only running a 13.1 @ 103mph. That was enough to fry my clutch. I opted to upgrade to the ACT HD clutch and streetlite flywheel while at it. I deployed a second time around X-mas 2008. I ordered some PE850cc injectors and my Tial sport Q bov.
I came back from that deployment X-mas time 2009 and shortly after ordered a Full Race twin scroll hta gt3076r 1.06 a/r turbo kit and my KSTech 83mm cold air intake. On the stock block, that setup made 380/364 on a mustang dyno. My fastest time on that setup was a 12.20 @ 115mph.
I left for Germany in June 2010, leaving the car behind. In Sept I found out my dad had put my car in the shop shortly after I left. With a fully built long block it now makes 436/426 (mustang) on 93oct @ 24psi and 499/468 @ 28psi on VP MS109.
I finally got my car to Germany in Sept 2011. I got on the Nurburgring and roasted my stock brakes after 1 lap in the Spring of 2012. I finally got my brakes upgraded in September 2012 with DBA rotors and Project Mu pads and went back to the Ring in Spring 2013. I did 5 laps there with some great videos (too large for youtube).
I am now at Fort Polk Louisiana and am registered in the SCCA and have completed my first autox, placing 1st in SM against 2 other cars in my class and had the fastest fendered car out of 35 others :D Went to my 2nd event 27 Apr and took 1st place again in SM. 3rd event on May 18th I got 2nd. I lost to a widebody STI with 295 slicks. I also got a hard pipe to replace the big silicone section of the turbo inlet.
June 6th I went back to Cobb to get the car's tune finished. After the first power pull they shut the car off so I walked over to it. They started it back up and we all distinctively heard the rod knock :( I rented a Uhaul truck and trailer to get it home 5hrs away. I yanked the motor and disassebled it for the first time :) I found rod 3 bearing destroyed and rebuilt the engine. I got everything installed and fired up the day before the movers came to pack everything for my next PCS to Ft. Bragg, NC. Perfect timing!
I started my break-in miles and noticed the oil leak. Took me a few reinstalls to realize I was using the wrong o ring. Fixed the leak and put about 40 miles on it and the cam bolt broke, causing the timing belt to come off. I threw in the towel and sent the car to Subaru to have them fix it.
Engine:
-Original 702 EJ257 casing
-New 705 EJ257 casing
-Perrin downpipe
-Perrin el headers
-Full Race twin scroll headers (titanium heat wrapped)
-Full Race twin scroll uppipe
-Full Race catted downpipe
-HTA Twin Scroll gt3076R 1.06a/r turbo[/URL]
-Perrin rotated 35r turbo outlet coupler
-2 x Tial 38mm MVS ewg's dumped to atmoshpere
-2 x Tial 38mm MVR watercooled ewg's dumped to atmoshpere
-Grimmspeed 3-port EBCS
-Mahle 100mm pistons
-Mahle 99.5 pistons 4032 alloy
-Pauter rods
-Kelford R-199-B cams 264/264
-BC springs and retainers set
-Injen short ram intake
-Samco turbo inlet
-KSTech 83mm cai [/URL]
-Perrin FMIC
-Tial Sport Q bov
-KSTech TGV delete kit
-T1 Racing Development topfeed conversion kit
-ID 1000cc topfeed injectors
-Walbro fuel pump
-TurboXS UTEC FOR SALE
-Cobb Access Port
-Custom 3'' cbe w/ Magnaflow muffler
-Crawford Performance Air Oil Seperator
-NGK 1step colder spark plugs
-PTP black turbo blanket
-Cobb lightweight crank pulley
-Cobb MAF sensor block-off plate
-AEM IAT sensor
-Custom coolant reservoir
-GT Spec oil press. sandwhich adapter
-GT Spec water temp. adapter
-Omni 3-bar map sensor
-P&L high-pressure power steering line
-DIY radiator shroud :)
-Fuse box relocated to fender
-Windshield washer reservoir delete
-Killer B oil pick up tube
-Gates racing timing belt and tensioner kit
[/URL]
Drivetrain:
-Whiteline cross member bushings *ORDERING*
-Whiteline steering rack bushings *ORDERING*
-ACT clutch disk
-ACT HD pressure plate
-ACT Streetlite flywheel
-Kartboy shifter stay bushings F/R
-Kartboy short shifter
-Kartboy exhaust hangers
-Kartboy rear subframe outrigger bushings
-Kartboy rear subframe lock out bolts
-TiC shifter pivot bushings *ORDERED*
-TiC rear diff mount bushings

-Group N transmission mount (post # 114)
-Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs 245/40/17
--35psi F/R Daily
--40psi F/R racing
Suspension/Brakes:
-H&R lowering springs
-Whiteline 27mm front swaybar *ORDERING*
-Whiteline 24mm front swaybar *ORDERING*
-Whiteline front and rear endlinks *ORDERNG*
-AST 4100 custom valved coilover struts
-Swift springs 7k/5k
-Vorshlag v2 front camber plates
-Vorshlag rear camber plates
-Whiteline camber bolts in rear
-JRracing front strut bar
-DBA T2 Street Series rotors F/R
-Project Mu B-Force brake pads F/R
-Goodridge SS brake lines F/R
DSCN3646.jpg

Exterior:
-Hella horns
-Debadged/ destickered
-Taillight tint
-5% rear windows tint
-white front turn signal bulbs
-3rd brake light w/ "SUBARU" cutout tint
-Seibon CWII carbon fiber hood
-06 wrx black hood
-white LED front parking lights
-Rally Armor Breast Cancer mudflaps
[/URL]
Interior:
-Duracon shift knob
-04 WRX black hazard button
-Center console painted black
-Custom armrest cover (post)
-Custom e-brake boot
-Custom shifter boot
-Pioneer AVHP-6800 indash 6dvd changer
-Carbon fiber center gauge pod
-Defi Control Unit
-Defi Boost
-Defi EGT
-Defi Oil Pressure
-Defi Fuel Pressure
-Defi Water temp.
-Innovative Motorsports wideband
-Lotek triple gauge pod a-pillar
-All pillars and roof painted black
DSCN0754.jpg

Fluids/Weight/Alignment:
-Royal Purple 5w30
-Rotella T6 5w40 engine oil
-Royal Purple Max Gear 75w90 rear diff oil
-Motul RBF-600 brake fluid
-Motul 300 tranny fluid
-Weight w/o driver: 3220 lbs
-Camber Front: -2*
Rear: -1.6*
-Rebound DD: Full soft f/r
Race: 6/12f / 8/12r from full still
Special Posts:
3 Jan 15 - Shift knob and Hella horn reviews[/URL]
Motor ver. 3.0 break in procedures
[/URL]23 Sept 14 - Rebuild complete, 1st start successful
6 June 14 - Spun bearing on dyno
27 Apr 14 - 2nd autox, 1st place
23 Mar 14 - 1st autoX, winning 1st in SM[/URL]
5 Apr 13 - Alignment sheet[/URL]
7 Oct 12 - Brake rotor, pads and fluid installed[/URL]
27 May 12 - Evo/Subaru Nukeplant Photoshoot[/URL]
1 Mar 12 - AST coilover review[/URL]
19 Nov 10 - Cobb Dyno Video[/URL]
27 Sep 10 - Cobb Built Motor Dyno Graph[/URL]
30 May 10 - 1/4 Mile Track Day [/URL]
18 Apr 10 - AWDTuning Stock Motor Dyno Graph[/URL]
9 Mar 10 - Full Race turbo kit install: here[FONT=Arial[/URL]] and [/FONT]here[/URL]
20 Dec 09 - KSTech TGV Deleting: here[FONT=Arial[/URL]] and [/FONT]here[/URL]
Plans For This Year:
-Finish tune
-Extended lug studs
-Opened ended lug nuts
Future Plans:
-Wheels
-DIY fender flares
-DIY Zerosports style rear window wing vortex generator
-Aero parts.
Eventually In Life:
-Syms replica Wing
-CS side skirt extensions
-HKS style rear diffuser
-WRX black carpet/ doorcards
-Recaro Speed black racing seats
-Carbon fiber trunk
-8mm phenolic spacers (to go reversed manifold)
-Mishimoto oil cooler
-Mishimoto transmission cooler
-Koyo radiator
-Okada ignition amplifier and boots
-Whiteline A.L.K.
-Whiteline lateral links
-DSS axles
-DSS cf driveshaft
-Zerosports roofvane w/ vortex generators
-Hood pins

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 123
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Tim's 06 Twinscroll STi: **Getting it to Germany ASAP!!**

ms109

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
This car has come a long way over the years. Plenty of help (financially) from my mom. "It's part of my inheritage money" lol She surprised me by sending my car to Cobb in Plano shortly after I left for Germany in June 2010. I brought my wifes 07 Silverado over here and she thought it would be better *wrong*. It's too big for German roads, 2wd and it's snowing alot now. Anyways. With me thinking of family first, she surprised me with a fully built motor and some other misc goodies within the setup ie crank pulley, Crawford AOS etc. I had the turbo kit before the motor build and it made 380/364 on a low reading mustang. Cobbs reads a little higher but nonetheless, it's alot stronger and quicker powerband now :)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
My wife wanted to get me something for Xmas this year and I told her not to worry about me. We both will get $250/ea from tax returns and the rest is going to bills. We agreed that my car will only get shipped over here when the credit cards are fully paid as the vehicles insurance will jump $200 =ing a total of $415ish for the two vehicles. Our truck payment is $450 is that's a ton of funds to have to worry about aside from misc bills like cell phones, internet etc.

Paul.c

I think you should save your money either for debt payments or for shipping the car overseas. Just my .02.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
My thoughts exactly. The wife is so persistant and wants to get me something. She said if I get the sways it'll give me something to do/install while home on leave in Spring. I said thanks but I want to be able to drive the car for more than a week or two; pay everything off and get it here!! hahaha

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
The whole catch is it's going to cost ~$1000-1200 to ship. Then, my ins will go from $220 to $420/month. So that's why we said we would ship the STI once all the bills are paid since one credit card is 180/mo and the other is 300/mo.

The ins. companies said that it's a higher risk than a BMW M3!! The German system goes to 30. My truck is a 12 on their point system. The M3 is 24 while the STI is a 26 :(

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
So after getting my 2wd truck stuck in the snow twice today, I TOLD the wife I am getting my car here ASAP. She finally gave in. We've been talking about selling the truck (07 Silverado) for 20k euro (~$26,000) to a German. That would pay all the bills, get my car over here and still have some cash left over. We were talking about buying another car while here for her when she gets her license and selling it when we leave for close to what we paid. Using all the left over funds as a down payment for a new truck when we get back to the states.

The idea is to sell the truck = 26k - 13k (bills) - 9k (rest of truck loan [2.9%int.]) - 1k (ship STI) = 3k + continue saving $450/mo (truck payment) till we leave. ~30 months (from now) * 450 = 13,500 + 3k = 16,500 down-payment. The Army would ship my STI back to the states for free so I wouldn't have to pay again.

I'm going to costums tomorrow to see what all is needed to legally sell an American vehicle to a German. When I was going through a "Head-Start" class when I first got to Germany, my German instructor said "20k euro and it'd be gone like *snap* that." haha I'm ready to move on this. Either way, I should still be able to get it here in the Spring. I still have a vendetta against a couple people there in TX I need to race lol I need to feel that race fuel map before getting it over here :D

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
HOLY SHIT!! What's up Jordan?!? I've tried numerous times to get on your website. I never saw it up an running. How are things going for you?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Ya man, I got back in Nov of 09. I reenlisted in Iraq and got $5k and Germany :) Got here to Germany in June.

So someone (who talks out of his ass) said that the Nurburgring is selling the track to a private owner and will be charging people $500/day to run instead of the $25ish/lap. My wife is the one who heard the guy talking about it but I guess too many people are wrecking their own cars on the track so no personal vehicles, only race cars, on the track?? I'll research it more once my car gets here in Spring.

Paul.c

Honestly it would be well worth it to me to pay $500/day to run on the greatest track in the world. It'll keep the "tourists" out and the hardcore enthusiasts would still be able to run. I'm surprised it has lasted this long with the current system.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Ya but ~30/lap is MUCH cheaper lol

Well on another note, my car was picked up from Cobb yesterday. My mom said it was like a v8 as it had NO lag getting up and going and it was damn fast for 15psi :) I can't wait till she flashes the 24psi map and takes a video for me. It's almost 100 more hp :) It also spools faster! 15psi @ 3700 vs 15psi @ 3300 up to 24 :D

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Congrats on STi of the month!