Mathew Noble Marker: World Record Atempt: Longest Subaru Parade

Hello Friends,
I come to you as a new member, not new to Suabru, just new

I also bring to you word of an incredible event to honor a fallen rally driver Matthew Noble Marker of Elk Rapids Mi...

I'm sorry if this is a little short notice.

I and others have been trying to put it everywhere we can and I'm just trying to help get word out..

This WILL be an amazing Suabru event, bringing out all shapes, forms, sizes, styles of Subaru from hardcore rally and offroaders to my show car and everything in between...... People from all over the US are coming, one from TX if he can get a car around in time..!!

Details below:
OFFICIAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION (read below):

Register Online at Registration Form | SubaRoots Rally Team

COME JOIN US IN SETTING A WORLD RECORD!
On September 16, 2012, family, friends, neighbors, rally enthusiast and Subaru fans, will assemble in honor of rally car driver, Matthew Noble Marker, in Elk Rapids, Michigan, in an attempt to break the current Guinness World Record, for the longest parade of Subarus!

The current record, held by Subaru of America, Inc., involved 339 cars in partnership with the Village of Itasca, in Itasca, Illinois, on July 11, 2009.

The parade will cover a minimum of 2 miles through the quaint streets of Elk Rapids, with no more than a car?s length between each Subaru vehicle as they parade the route, in compliance with Guinness Book of World Record requirements.

PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE:
Friday, September 14, 2012
Online Pre-Registration CLOSES
Sunday, September 16, 2012
8:00am - Registration OPENS at the Head Quarters
11:00am - Registration CLOSES
11:30am - (approx) Parade Meeting
12:00pm- Line up to begin the parade

HEAD QUARTERS:
Elk Rapids High School
308 Meguzee Pt
Elk Rapids, MI 49629

If you?d like to drive your Subaru in the parade, or volunteer at the event, please PRE-REGISTER ONLINE:
Registration Form | SubaRoots Rally Team

Questions?
Email us at
markerworldrecord@gmail.com

- - - - On September 16th, please bring with you a physical COPY of your Driver?s License & valid registration to be presented to officials at registration for the parade. - - - -

VOLUNTEERS:
We are in need of many volunteers for the attempt. If you are able and would like to volunteer, please email us at MarkerWorldRecord@gmail.com with the following information:
*First and Last Name
*Mailing Address
*Telephone Number (Cell phone preferred)
FURTHER INFORMATION WILL BE PROVIDED AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.
Thank you to ALL involved!!!
http://www.subaroots.com/september-1...f-matt-marker/

**********HOTEL INFORMATION**********
The Travelodge of Traverse City has graciously provided a rate guarantee (listed below) for event participants and volunteers. To receive the special rates listed below, please contact the travel lodge and ask for the special rate for the "Subaru Event 2012".

The Traverse City Travelodge is located between Traverse City and Elk Rapids (approximately 15 miles south of Elk Rapids).
Travelodge Traverse City
TRAVELODGE of TRAVERSE CITY
704 Munson AVE
Traverse City, MI 49686
TOLL FREE: (866) 618-2758
Rates:
Friday 9/14 = $99 + tax
Saturday 9/15 = $99 + tax
Sunday 9/16 = $79 + Tax
***For additional area information:
Traverse City Michigan, Hotels, Vacations, Lodging - Traverse City
Play | Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce

Last word they where over 80 official registrants, including me (and I will be registering a 2nd Subie as well shortly!)

Lets make this special..!!

Thank you... Hope to see you there...!
Aaron

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I posted it everywhere for you. :)

RVSTi

That's. A little to far for me here in arizona, but I wish you the best of luck with this event. It is very cool you are organizing such an event.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I wish I had a Subaru... and some time. I would love to be a part of this but it is just not in the cards.

My condolences and deepest of sympathy to the family and friends of Matthew Noble Marker.

I will have a tree planted in his memory.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Holy you are the best. No matter how bad of a day I'm having or what goes on you bring a smile to my face with your acts of kindness. :)

Wow, holycrap... Thank you... Thanks everyone..

Alas, this is not my event, I just happen to live in Michigan and spend some time on the computer, I didn't know MNM personaly, but I'm doing what I can for a cause... I expect nothing more than HOPEFULLY more people showing up... The car scene in Michigan is HORRID IMHO and I like all vehicals, mostly the people ruin it...

That being said, I hope this event is what I REALLY need to get me back in love with the car community and Subarus in general...

I'm at the end of my rope with cars and car people at the moment... seems like everyone's got something to prove and most of them aren't even sure what it is... I get shit because my wheels haven't changed in 5yrs...

This is not about me though, not in the least...

I'm simply trying to get the good word out, like a minstrel, without the guitar... lol..

Please, any and all praise should go on the MNM Memorial page on FB... I tried linking/tagging/posting this on Jj Smiths FB page, but I'm not allowed and/or he doesn't seem to come up when I try... I'm not sure who's who here yet, so I'm doing my best to promote you guys, promoting this...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/121028641361640/

Thanks again everyone...

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I just posted it on my fb page for you. My fb page gets blown up daily so somethings get deleted by mistake. Just come here and post it as I see it all here.

Also our Subaru communities are not like the rest. I hope you see that, and will stay and enjoy a great group of people.

Matt'sMOM

HI everyone! I came across this forum when I was searching for a news article about Matt. I am Matt's Mom. Thank you so much Aaron for posting our attempt to break the World Record Subaru's on parade in honor of Matt. Matt's sister Kali thought this up. it started out kind of slow then bang!! She is one special girl. Please seek me out and introduce your selves. I should be easy to spot. The lady with the tears. I will be one of the people wearing a memorial shirt or hoodie. (there will be a few of those though). Everyone in Elk Rapids is friendly so please don't be shy. Michelle

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Hi Michelle I'm JJ Smith the owner of I.G.O.T.A. First I want to really say how sorry I am for your loss. If I can do anything for you please reach out to me and I will be glad to help you and your family. I couldn't imagine losing my son. :( Thank you for taking the time to come into this community and post. You're welcome anytime. We are one big family. Once again I'm so sorry.

NobleStarRally

WOW.... Just wow... This is beautiful! The support we have been receiving from members of the Subaru community never ceases to amaze me. THANK YOU! Thank you all for sharing this... for showing your love and support to the team and family. *tears* This is one awesome community!

Looking forward to meeting many of you next month. (I'll be at the registration table so you will have to say hi :p)

Michelle~ So proud to see your initiative. <3 Love you rally mom!

HI everyone! I came across this forum when I was searching for a news article about Matt. I am Matt's Mom. Thank you so much Aaron for posting our attempt to break the World Record Subaru's on parade in honor of Matt. Matt's sister Kali thought this up. it started out kind of slow then bang!! She is one special girl. Please seek me out and introduce your selves. I should be easy to spot. The lady with the tears. I will be one of the people wearing a memorial shirt or hoodie. (there will be a few of those though). Everyone in Elk Rapids is friendly so please don't be shy. Michelle

You are very welcome Mame... Thank you for the kind words...

I didn't know Matt, but I'm sure we would have been friends if I had... ya know...

I'm happy to help the cause...