How To: VA Paint your rims

BoxerRumbleSTi

Sorry I have no pictures. Im just going by this through my head when I did it last july.
This is a write up by me (BoxerRumbleSTi) I will have a few other ones too for the other mods that I installed on my subaru.

Materials
? Paint
? Jack and tools needed to remove the wheels
? Sand paper or Sanding Sponge
? Water, soap and drying towels

1) Jack the car up, and take the lug nuts off car.

2) Take rims off car and thoroughly clean them. I used just soap, water and then paper towels to dry them.

3) Take your basic grit sand paper or a sanding sponge from your local hardware/paint supply store and scuff the rims up. You don't need to scrape them bare. Remember your just scuffing them to give the paint something to adhere to.

4) Re spray the rim off and dry again.

5) Painting time. I used High Heat Grabber Green but you can use just about anything for the rims. 2 Rattle Cans did all 4 of my rims. Take your time, nice even coats. To not spray your tires, take Note cards, and slide them between the rim and tire, overlapping the note cards. It should look something like the cat or dog shade the vets give them. It is the fastest way to do the wheels without over spray.

6) Let the rims dry. Up to you if you want to clear coat the rims or not. I never cleared mine and they held up perfectly. Re install the rims and there you have it.