04 subaru sti burning oil and rough/high idle issue

Bigmerk215

I dont think I was supplied for that information. I did however discuss clearances to be slightly looser for a higher boost setting that I planned on running. I did see some scoring on the cam caps but it was pretty minimal. Maybe I am wrong but I dont see how that would cause the severe blow by that Im experiencing.

My catch can setup looks questionable also

Bigmerk215

I think my main question here is what would cause these symptoms even with my motor passing a compression and leak down test. I was thinking next maybe plug the pcv lines and see what result I get

If you plug the lines you will get crank case pressure, not good, better off putting a filter on it and VTA for the test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigmerk215

Yea I think youre right. i also considered reinstalling the factory pcv setup. It was deleted by the previous owner but im pretty sure you can run pcv with a catch can.

Bigmerk215

So I dropped the car off to RT tuning in montgomeryville PA. Didnt take them long to figure it out. The catch can was installed upside down. Its an unversal ebay can so on this car its not possible to install it the correct way. They said after flipping it over and letting the car run for about ten min all the smoking stopped. Also said my valves need adjusting but no major issues with the build.

Ill keep this thread open until i have the car back in full working order

So I dropped the car off to RT tuning in montgomeryville PA. Didnt take them long to figure it out. The catch can was installed upside down. Its an unversal ebay can so on this car its not possible to install it the correct way. They said after flipping it over and letting the car run for about ten min all the smoking stopped. Also said my valves need adjusting but no major issues with the build.

Ill keep this thread open until i have the car back in full working order

That's good to know and a good catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk