GD 07 Goodness - Plan B -

PlanB

I own a 2007 sti. The last of the GD. That is all

History:

Subaru's have always been in my heart. I all started back when I was 8(2002). I saw my first TV ad. And I fell in love. Was interested in emblem, the all wheel drive, styling. Just Subaru in general. The love faded a bit as I wasn't a car enthusiast back then hell or even a car fan. No one in my family knew how good they were so they were never mention. Nor where anyone a car fan. They believe car are a form of transport and nothing else. To me it's a lifestyle.

When need for speed carbon was released 6 years ago thats when I got back into cars. It stood with me ever since. I knew what STI was. But always picked the evo due the its styling and I thought STI sounded funny to drive around as first thing I think of was sexual transmitted infection. Supra, evo, skyline got most of my attention at the time. Lambos, vettes, never got my attention. Car that wasn't a turner was the Porsche Carrera GT.

My parents kinda forced me into doing my drivers. Ha. Wasn't that I didn't want to. I just didn't want to be a taxi driver for my family, And I didn't really needed a car, friends lived nearby I could easily walked over. Didn't have a job so no debit car nor Credit card. Couldn't go buy my own things. So its why I didn't apply as soon as I can. But I was looking at getting a brand new lancer(parent didn't mind) just because of the EVO
biggrin.gif
, Then I changed my mine, wanted a european car. Just because of the styling, Was looking at BMWs, Audis, VW, and mini, But nothing really appealed to me. If I wanted one thing it was missing something else. Nothing just completely fits.

I fell back in love with subaru's after looking at youtube videos(boxer rumble ftw), and doing some more research into them. Only after my friend convince me to get one. He drove a blue 2006 STI at the time. He sold it recently and is looking to buy a '95 supra. He resides in California. He took the blue subbie off road at a lot. How subarus are ment to be driven
biggrin.gif

Anyways. On the day I got my drives license. I had already decided, my heart and mind set on a STI. The aggressive look, boxer rumble, 4 doors, 5 seats, Had a nice size trunk. The wing. Reliability, The rally history. Yeah the evo is pretty much the same aside from the glass transmission. I didn't know how to drive standard at the time. So having a glass transmission wasn't really ideal for me. After heading the bulletproof transmissions I was sold. I spent more and more time looking at videos on youtube. It amazed me how well it does in snow. A major plus in our winters.

The search has started. I was on Kijiji trying to scope out a STI or very least a WRX. Finally settled on a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI. My favorite out of all the models. Hands down. On the day of the road test. I was sitting in the waiting room talking to my dad, "I'm leaving today with my drivers. And within a few months A sti." He was like easy one step at a time. Pass your road test. I did. I wasn't even shocked or happy about it. I wasn't till I had a STI.

Shortly after I found a guy who willing to sell his 07 sti for 22.5K(asking price 25k) On September 12. I took deliver of the car. I couldn't sleep for days. ogled at my car while it sits in the garage.(still couldn't drive stick at the time)

and thats how I ended up in the subaru family.

Table of Contents:
Pictures - Post 2
POWAH - Post 3

Purpose:

Track and Daily driver, I want something competitive on the track and something that feels better then falling down a set of stairs. Nor the loud and proud look at me kind of deal either.

Mod List:

Interior:
JDM Red Hazard

Exterior:
MWS Type 11 wrapped in hankook icebear w300Hella Supertones

Sound:

Alpine IVA w505 with navigation addon

Engine:
Cobb Short ram Intake
Cobb AP Stage 1 OTS

Suspension:

Whiteline 24/24 sway