2008 STI Newbie

Blackpearl551

Hey Guys and Gals, I picked up this STI in 2011 with 21 k on it and since then I put on another 25k in a year due to commute to work, threw on my perrin dp( 1 piece) and then started to smell something funky... Oil. That's right oil and a bad ring land just about to go. I made the decision to perform surgery on the STI and 4 months later and having to bike to work(32 speed) 9 miles the car is stellar. I owe Thanks to Ballistic Motorsports in Bow NH for all that they do, EFI for getting me up and running on speed density and some tunes.
Here's my build I hope you enjoy.
2a9xtna.jpg

Track Set up for wheels
f1mc5c.jpg

[h=2]PISTONS: Weisco Standard Bore 99.5mm 8.9 CR[/h]Rods: Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
Bearings: Cosworth Bearings Main/ Rod.
Cams: GSC Stage 1 Cams part number 6026S1 Shimmed
Valve Train: Supertech Valve train, Valves, springs, seats, retainers( Titanium) Part number : SPRK-TS1015-sub1
Head Studs: ARP Custom aged 625.
Main Studs: ARP Main Studs Part number 260-5401
Crank Shaft: OEM Nitrated Crank Shaft
Gasket Kit: Cometic Gasket Kit

BLOCK: LARRY?S AEBS SLEEVED/ Checking the main line
Machine Heads: Precision Shop in NH/ Ballistic Motorsports Port n Polish
ASSEMBLY OF ENGINE: Ballistic Motorsports Bow NH
COIL PACKS: OKADA PLASMA
Spark Plugs: NGK #7 ?s
TYPE OF OIL IN CAR NOW : Castrol Syntech 5w40
Oil Pump: 12mm Oil pump
Oil Cooler: MAP- Mocal Oil cooler with thermostat
Pick up tube: Covert Oil pick up tube
Timing Kit: Gates Timing Kit and waterpump complete kit Part number TCKWP328
TYPE OF FUEL IN CAR NOW: 93 Octane. Does use Shell URT Adv Race Fuel, FUSE 116 Octane- Waiting to be tuned on
Fuel pump: Aeromotive Fuel pump stealth 340 wired up with relay 20Amp fuse.
Fuel Rails: Agency Power Fuel Rail kit part number AP-GRB-120BL( blue), GOING TO BE FLAT4MOTORSPORTS ESERIES KIT VERY SOON
Injectors: Injector Dynamics 1000CC / Swapped out in 1/18/13 for ID1300CC
Fuel Pressure regulator: AEM FPR ? Swapped out due to failure 1/18/13 Aeromotive FPR Added 53psi
Radiator: Koyo Radiator part number VH13093

Turbo: GTX3076R .72AR Purchased from Turn 14 Distributor ( has roughly 1k Miles if not more). Failed in 1 year Turbo seal went same as AMR T60R. Replaced with GTX3576 with 82AR hosuing.
Engine Management: COBB ACCESSPORT Traded in V2, for V3 7/3/14.
Turbo inlet: Perrin Big Turbo inlet- replaced 12/2013 went rotated solid pipe 3? now.
Intake: 3? intake straight from the turbo.
Intercooler: TurboXS FMIC
Intake Manifold: COSWORTH
Phenolic Spacers: Grimmspeed 8mm.
BOV: Tial Q- Shimmed
Electronic Boost Controller: Grimmspeed EBCS (Plumbing Routed the old way to EWG)
External Waste Gate: Tial MVR 44mm set to 1.4bar( 20.30PSI)
Clutch/Flywheel: ACT Heavy Duty 6 puck sprung clutch/ Street light flywheel.
Pitch stop: TS Pitch stop
Engine mount set: Cusco Motor Mount set for 02-05 WRX/STI Part number 660911SET.
EXHAUST: Perrin EL Exhaust header , Grimmspeed Up pipe with EWG Dump tube/ Invidia Q300 CBE/ Perrin Hi flow Catted downpipe 1 piece modified for Vband.

SUSPENSION:
COIL OVERS:ISC 7k/9k
REAR CAMBER ARMS: ISC V2
Whiteline HD Endlinks
Super Pro 24mm front sway bar
Super Pro 22mm Rear sway bar
White Line Rear Subframe bushings- Waiting to be installed
White Line front and rear diff bushings - Waiting to be installed

ADD ONS:
MOVE OVER MOTORSPORTS QR BUMPER KIT- WORKS AWESOME.
[h=1]EFI LOGICS:[/h]PLX DM6 AFR GAUGE
AIR INTAKE TEMP SENSOR
OMNI POWER 4 BAR MAP SENSOR
SPEED DENSITY TUNE with 93 Octane.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
[MENTION=3752]Blackpearl551[/MENTION] welcome to the family!!

Very nice build. :tup:

Blackpearl551

Thanks! This car made 468/445 on 110 Octane @27.3psi and runs daily on 93 393/383 @25.8psi. Very conservative tune, Going to make a run for 440 daily and above 500 on race fuel by the middle to end of August.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice.

Did you have any issues with your build?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Holy crap! Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!

Please post more pictures! (Also a picture of the bike! :D )

Blackpearl551

Very nice.

Did you have any issues with your build?

Right now I'm just working out a few bugs, Mostly dealing with the Boost Gauge, I bought an AEM 50PSI gauge and I have a boost source line right off the manifold which is where my sensor is, and my AP3 is reading -10 to -11 psi for vac at idle which is where it should be however my gauge is reading -20 to -22. Also my boost is set to 25.8 and my gauge is reading 30psi which I know is not right .

The other issue I'm having is I went from Shell URT Adv which Shell is no longer in the US racing market for fuel so now I'm running FUSE 116 So I have to get tuned for that.
I'm restricted to 3inch intake due to coolant resevior, I have seen some pretty neat stuff happen with the ABS Module being tucked in by the passenger foot well that I'm entertaining.

Initially I wanted to stay with Parallel fuel set up but now I've done more research and can't wait to put FLAT 4 MOTORSPORTS ESERIES kit on to run cooler fuel temps and lower my injector duty cycle a bit.

Another issue that cropped up was the Rubber hose from the PCV was collapsing under vacuum so it was replaced with Nylon braided line to prevent collapsing to my Moroso Catch.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ok, pictures are NEEDED now! Interior, exterior, and every other little crevice where you are hiding things! :lol: