2011 sti flashing cruise control light

milehighsubie303

Hi guys been trying to do research for a buddy of mine can't seem to find any answers. He has a 2011 STi(stock), cruise control light flashes, no check engine light, just the cruise control. He has taken it to Subaru and it comes up with no codes. I'm guessing his CEL doesn't work which causes the CCL light to turn on. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

TK-421

Was the vehicle purchased pre-owned? Sounds like it has been pissed with in the past and had some different definitions written into the ROM and things arnt communicating properly.

TK-421

Gotcha, I didn't see any replies to this thread and I don't like to leave a stone unturned so figured I would speak up.

milehighsubie303

Yea it's been a while since I posted this. Thanks anyways for the help. As for my code problem I couldn't get to my tuner had some crazy snow in Colorado, aside from the tactrix cable do I need to get any programs installed on my laptop to flash a map?

TK-421

RomRaider or ECUFlash to write to Map to the car and you can use either RomRaider or EvoScan to datalog the car. Most OpenSource people will use ROMRaider and the definitions from there.

Word of advice though, Opensource tuning isn't as cut and dry as Cobb AccessPORT maps. Meaning with the AP you just flash and go and only certain maps work with the AP and your car. While Opensource and a Tactrix cable you could write a map that someone says is "good" so just make sure you know exactly what your are writing to your ROM.

TK-421

Not a problem man. I've just seen too many people out there send someone a map and say yeah your good and when I look at the datalogs I usually end up saying where the hell did you get your tune from.

TK-421

Gives tuners like me a bad name when there are people doing that. That's why Cobb doesn't sell their pro tuner software to just anyone.