2011 STI parts needed for 500hp?

Yaiibaru

So...... I follow P&L Motorsports on instagram and I received a DM regarding this 2008 STI and how it made over 500whp. Do you guys think it has the stock trans and driveshaft? Also I was thinking I could maybe get away with a cheaper block for my 2011 hatch. Thoughts? Please help

Grinder34

Track Monkey
So...... I follow P&L Motorsports on instagram and I received a DM regarding this 2008 STI and how it made over 500whp. Do you guys think it has the stock trans and driveshaft? Also I was thinking I could maybe get away with a cheaper block for my 2011 hatch. Thoughts? Please help

I'm pretty sure they'd have called it out if they upgraded the driveshaft and/or trans.

You can always go cheaper, but do you want to? With lots of generalizations to follow: the more you skimp, the more likely you're going to run into problems. That doesn't mean that spending more prevents them, but you should find a way to spend wisely, and I'm sure the members here can help guide you.

But lets talk for a sec: WHY do you want 500whp? Street use and daily driving? Drag? Track? Car shows?
What other mods are you prepared to do? With 500whp you may seriously want to consider significant other upgrades to the brakes, suspension, chassis bracing, aero, etc... which usually don't go along with asking about a "cheaper block".

Lets get back to basics...why 500whp?

Karlot

^^^that.

stock trans/axles on the STI's hold 500 very often. but what are you doing with it specifically, and what made you say you want 500?