2013 projectors STi

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
we need more details on what you are trying to do. do you have a light out? do you want HID's? are you confused on what projectors are?

13SubSTi

Yea should of specified a little better well they do have HIDs I believe but I would like to have them be a little brighter and possibly a blueish tint to them also if you could explain a little on projectors ie. replacing parts etc

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
the term projector refers to the way the light is distributed through the headlight housing. HID is the type of bulb that is in the headlight assembly powered by what is called a ballast. which on our car is built into the headlight assembly as long as it is factory installed. if you want to upgrade the light to a brighter/bluer light i believe all you need to do is change the bulb

hid-color-temperatures.jpg

keep in mind the higher number the bulb is the less visibility you will have to the road. especially when its raining or foggy. i would recommend either a 6000k or 8000k bulb for a great look and best visibility.

hope this helps you out. again im not entirely sure if the factory ballasts will be able to power these bulbs

Why not LED bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A proper set of HID will out perform led in the distance it can throw the light from what I've been informed on thru the research.

PS retrofit resource makes legit set ups I just received my kit for my Ford taurus lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I don't know a about that. Many of the higher end cars use LED headlights. And from what I've seen they perform just as well. The industry is making the move to LED because of their durability and lifespan. I will probably switch my HID to LED soon. I've already have done the fogs

I don't know a about that. Many of the higher end cars use LED headlights. And from what I've seen they perform just as well. The industry is making the move to LED because of their durability and lifespan. I will probably switch my HID to LED soon. I've already have done the fogs

Well it's probably a general statement because there's so many Chinese made led systems out there. Most also do a HID & LED combo as well but if you go to led make sure you get ones made with Cree or Philips LED since those are the top two brands.

c2e7a07ba8fdc5baf0c280e4938606a7.jpg

This is one of my first reef lights I made and the center black led stars burnt out since they were cheap China LEDs. You can say I've over researched LEDs a bit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk