3M Pro Series or Xpel Ultimate

Which would you choose?

I've been tryin to get a decent price on this because rocks are starting to ding up my ride :tdown:
One of my first quotes was $699 for either 3M Pro Series or Xpel Ultimate (They recommended 3M over Xpel) Xpel 10 year, 3M 7 year warranties
20" up hood, fenders, mirrors, door edge, bumper, lights, door cups

Magically goes to $1299 for the full hood >_>

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Never heard of the Xpel. Maybe [MENTION=115]DetailersDomain[/MENTION] can chime in on this one.

DetailersDomain

On Vacation
Sure thing we stopped using 3m and ventureshield a few years ago, it was a customer driven switch. We have been doing Xpel now for about 1.5 years.

Here is some info on Xpel.

[h=2]XPEL Protection Film - ULTIMATE[/h] XPEL's Ultimate Paint Protection Film combines best-in-class durability and clarity not previously available in the market. With its very low surface energy, XPEL ULTIMATE sheds contaminants that would otherwise stain or yellow conventional films. In addition, the clear coat employs special elastomeric polymers that "heal" over time eliminating swirl marks and other fine scratches without having to do anything.

This product carries a 10 year warranty against, yellowing, cracking, peeling, staining, and hazing, and reimburses both film and labor in the unlikely event of a failure. XPEL ULTIMATE is truly the most revolutionary Paint Protection Film ever invented!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thanks Phil for the info. ?

I have xpel on mine. I only did the front bumper which was a pain in the rear. Took me a few hours and a few bottles of baby shampoo and water.

Thanks for the info, that video pretty much sold me on xpel. If only we have some vendors up here for the win. Trying to find a reputable shop with the decent price.

So I got a hookup heh. But he mentioned that he's been recently replacing xpel film on cars failing after 3-4 years. Strongly recommended the 3M instead.

Pretty much offered the standard package of film coverage. For 400 with another 150 for my tint. Discounted it for me since I'm doing it together :)

XPEL

XPEL

Which would you choose?

I've been tryin to get a decent price on this because rocks are starting to ding up my ride :tdown:
One of my first quotes was $699 for either 3M Pro Series or Xpel Ultimate (They recommended 3M over Xpel) Xpel 10 year, 3M 7 year warranties
20" up hood, fenders, mirrors, door edge, bumper, lights, door cups

Magically goes to $1299 for the full hood >_>

It's important to note that not all paint protection films are created equal. XPEL ULTIMATE uses much newer technology that greatly outperforms our previous films and any others out at that time.

As you mentioned, XPEL ULTIMATE is backed by a 10-Year Warranty, but it's also self-healing and stain resistant (non-yellowing).

Thanks for the info, that video pretty much sold me on xpel. If only we have some vendors up here for the win. Trying to find a reputable shop with the decent price.

I see that you're in Kent, WA. We have a couple just a short ways away.

Custom Clear Bra
5621 South Tacoma Way
Tacoma, TA 98402
206-861-2751

or

JMS Auto Salon
7450 South Tacoma Way
Tacoma, WA 98409
253-582-4923

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact us here, PM us or email us directly at mdobbins@xpel.com

landrew

Based on my experience before, 3m is not a good film. I would spend more and get Xpel or Suntek next time.