Alternator Alternative

mark.norris1

Will an alternator of a '17 STI fit/work on a '07 STI? They are both the EJ257 and not much has changed over the years, so I would assume they would. The only difference that I have noticed is a bump in output from ~110 to ~130. If anything a change in the alternator to battery cable would be all that would be needed to make the swap. Reason I ask is the alternator in my Limited has an intermittent malfunction, voltage jumps to 16-17 at times and then back down to 13.8. I have the ability to get an alternator from a '17, but I just wanted to double check first.

I tried searching around in here as well as simply on google, but I couldn't locate any information anywhere. If this has been discussed before please share the link and I'll simply delete this.

I'm interested in the answer to the original question and good luck on finding the plug Piper I'm not sure where you could source one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
It should work so long as the mounting point and electrical connections are the same. At that point it is no different than installing a high output alternator.