Apexi S1 Coilovers? Any reviews?

ILSMKU2

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with Apexi S1 Coilovers? I ran into a long lost friend that works for them and he said he could get me a set for 1200.00 bucks out the door (they are local to me too). From what Ive seen on the web, they normally range around 1800 bucks plus tax and shipping.

So far Ive only seen ONE review from a suby owner and he loved them more than BC, TEIN, and even KW (he did say the KW were way better on track though) for DD and some autox.

Anyways... I didnt see suby venders selling them, so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has any experience or knowledge about these S1 coilovers?

http://www.apexi-usa.com/products/?id=6017

http://www.speedelement.com/images/parts/apexi/S1Damper.jpg

Designed with a specifically selected recipe of spring rates, oil, and valving for hi-performance street cars that double as weekend track machines.
Features:

* 20-Way damping adjustment to adapt to a variety of driving conditions.
* Monotube design with 45mm. diameter piston.
* Adjustable lower case design that allows ride height to be adjusted without affecting preload.
* Standardized 65mm. spring allows the use of a wide variety of readily available springs.
* Front strut- type setups include camber adjustment plates that utilize premium quality NMB pillow bearings to minimize deflection, binding, and noise.
* 100% Made in Japan, with precision Japanese components.
* Overhaul and additional suspension services offered in-house by APEX Integration. (A'PEXi USA Office)

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Last edited:

icudruln

It's likely not relevant, but my buddy had an S13 coupe, and didn't feel they were worth how much they cost him...he had the N1 Coilovers. Then again, this was 4 or 5 years ago. To be clear, he just felt they were overpriced; they weren't bad...just overpriced. I'm sure technologies and what not have completely changed since, so take it with a grain of salt.

ILSMKU2

Thanks guys! Yea, I'm thinking I will pass. As much as I would love to get some coils and set my car up the way I want, I might as well spend a few bucks more for some well known and loved AST 4100's. It was one of those spirit of the moment things that I could grab quickly for immediate satisfaction. But Im over it today...lol.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
AST4100 FTW! I'm going with them for sure.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk