Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
arc_aedcbgd006_1_lg.jpg

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
ARC went out of business about 4 years ago. if you do find one for sale its not going to be cheap. i was looking for a bit online for something similar i couldn't find another brand making one but that doesn't mean it isn't out there. good luck my friend

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Ehh...I figured it was worth a try though. I've literally been looking for one for years.

My current hood vent (seibon CF) is cracked in multiple places. So I either find an acceptable replacement or I put the factory scoop back on.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
i always loved the factory blobeye hood scoop. i plan on putting one on my hawkeye most likely carbon fiber. its on the list but not very high up you know.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I love that scoop too, but after switching from the factory TMIC to a large FM, I wanted to improve air flow through the engine bay. The scoop only functions as intended if the factory TM is in place.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I like that vent a lot, but feel it is ridiculously overpriced for what you get, especially considering that the louvered plate that goes underneath is sold seperately and is also quite pricey.

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
i do remember seeing a DIY with fiberglass and some mesh. they said it was like a $40 project from home depot

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
Holy @#$&ing shit! $500?! If it was black or original carbon, I'd be more interested.

Thanks for the heads up though, I really appreciate it. :tup:

SudoSTI

Unfortunately I doubt you'll get one for much less. Last one I saw for sale was $550 and that was at least 5 years ago. They'll probably go up in value.

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
It's too bad they aren't produced anymore. Oh well. I've got the factory scoop back on the car for the time being, no big deal I guess.

Grinder34

Track Monkey

Batmobile_Engage

Staff member
I'll have to look into that. At the moment, there is barely enough time do the things I need to do, let alone the things I want to do.

One day though, that'll be a great thing to get into. Great advice, Grinder. :tup: