Best exhaust for an STI 2011 sedan

JD_88

http://s24.postimg.org/jur47ksxh/perrin.jpg

So you see it seems that my Perrin's exhaust cause leaks

Is it the same thing with you ? I have discussed with a mechanic, for him it is not a serious problem. But i told him that i will buy a new one from invidia (the N1 Cat Back Exhaust Single Titanium) so the problem will be solved.

But i don't know why this exhaust do this thing ??

That's exactly it! I wonder if there's a Perrin rep around somewhere that can explain this. I suggest using some heat wrap in between the exhaust and the clamp to keep the metals from expanding from each other or take to a muffler shop and weld it together.

I guess its not a "huge" deal, but I spent good money to have it shipped promptly before a road trip. Tsk tsk. Personally I'm in love with the COBB quad tip, after hearing it.

All in all though, the sound of PERRIN's exhaust is beautiful. I do really really enjoy the rumble.

Cheers

fredtb

That's exactly it! I wonder if there's a Perrin rep around somewhere that can explain this. I suggest using some heat wrap in between the exhaust and the clamp to keep the metals from expanding from each other or take to a muffler shop and weld it together.

I guess its not a "huge" deal, but I spent good money to have it shipped promptly before a road trip. Tsk tsk. Personally I'm in love with the COBB quad tip, after hearing it.

All in all though, the sound of PERRIN's exhaust is beautiful. I do really really enjoy the rumble.

Cheers

Hi thanks you for the advise :) i will try it.

Yes the sound is really beautiful, it makes the car really angry :D

Do you know if this exhaust : http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Invidia-N1-Cat-Back-Exhaust-Single-Titanium-Tip-Subaru-WRX-Sedan-2008-2011-STI-Sedan-2011 would be louder and/or with better performance?

BR

Imo, yes N1 will be louder than quads and provide the better performance due to lesser restrictions over the quad pipes.
Though, Invidia Q300 is plenty loud and aggressive, but if you want even more sound then N1 is definitely up your alley.

TK-421

Here is a short clip I have of what my car sounds like on a cold start up, which is going to mimic partial throttle driving and low load sounds the best when it comes to sound and decibel level.

Car is a 2013 Sedan, exhaust is, Prosport UEL Header and Up Pipe, Invidia Catted Downpipe and Invidia Q300 Catback.

fredtb

http://vimeo.com/111418675

Here is a short clip I have of what my car sounds like on a cold start up, which is going to mimic partial throttle driving and low load sounds the best when it comes to sound and decibel level.

Car is a 2013 Sedan, exhaust is, Prosport UEL Header and Up Pipe, Invidia Catted Downpipe and Invidia Q300 Catback.

Is it a problem on my computer because i don't hear anything i just can see the video but there is no sound why ? :(

^ not sure why you cant hear it, I tested it and sound is working on that video.

bumm

I have CNT quad tip. Is deepest tone have heard. Stainless 3" is around 500.00 . Have had for over 2 years and sounds the same as when i bought it. And that was for the cat back system. Have CNT divorced downpipe to. CNT has some good products for very good prices.

RJM2137

I personally installed a Q300 on a 2011 STi and pleased with the sound it produces, not too loud but loud enough with a great rumble :) I driven that 2011 for a couple years.
I just installed a Q300 on my 2013 STi hatch and the "rumble" you mentioned is louder than I expected. I used Kartboy urethane hangers and am thinking their stiffness is turning the back of the car into a big "sounding board". Do you think that going back to the softer OEM hangers would quiet this a bit? Thanks for your reply!

TK-421

I just installed a Q300 on my 2013 STi hatch and the "rumble" you mentioned is louder than I expected. I used Kartboy urethane hangers and am thinking their stiffness is turning the back of the car into a big "sounding board". Do you think that going back to the softer OEM hangers would quiet this a bit? Thanks for your reply!

Hatchbacks are just generally known to be a bit noisier inside, due to sound reverberation. You might have a small bit of noise transfer because of the Kartboy hangers, but nothing too drastic.

bumm

The different hangers probably give more of a vibration drone sound as oem is softer and would absorb more of the vibration resonance.

Sounds like TK & Bumm answered your question. My buddy used some generic hangers I think from a local store with may have helped with any vibrations you may be experiencing. I personally never experienced the hatch with this exhaust but I'd imagine as mentioned that the hatch in general would be louder on the inside/more space to vibrate. imo the invidia is probably the second to quietest catback to get and with cobb being number 1. Ark I think is one of the loudest quad tips out there and of course the single/dual tip being the absolute loudest to buy.