Bone stock 05 wrx/sti

Grinder34

Track Monkey
One day I'm gonna give you a ride in a car with coilovers at the track (the kind with turns, silly) and you'll be a believer.

35r

I know it helps, iv driven many either of friends or at the shop. It just isnt my style, iv been telling you that for almost 6yrs now hahaha. Stock suspension keeps it straight enough for what i need it to do.

35r

Hahaha yes you have. You gotta pay to play ! Pulled old motor out tonight so i can clean the engine bay and prep for new one.

35r

There probably isn't much to salvage off this paperweight, good thing i have backups! GSC 272s may be okay, but the block and heads are destroyed. I cracked 2 sleeves so the CPs and all the other expensive guts are shit lol. I poured about a gallon of coolant out of my header. I couldnt stop laughing, it looked like a crime scene in the garage. If you're gonna blow up, this is how you do it! Note: to any new guys reading this.... i laugh because i have acess to the people/parts/equipment to be able to fix this .... under normal circumstances this is not a laughing matter and the average person would be fucked and be looking at probably a minimal $4k rebuild for a stock motor. Dont break your car.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
hah, coolant out the header. Its like an anti-lag system, except way worse.

Last edited:

35r

There was so much, i didnt even realize until we unbolted it, i turned around real fast and it flew out everywhere lol

35r

Hangin around at P&R Engines today.. theres my new motah, sittin up on a shelf all wrapped up!

48fce7486c9bda24e83ff19b622e4f0d.jpg

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
P&R? Never heard of them.

35r

Thats the machine shop we use in Greensburg. Actually, im pretty sure most of the local shops use P&R. (TPG,PRL,TRC,MOORE,FJ PERFORMANCE). They do awesome work. We have A LOT of custom 1-off stuff on that new Motor from Luke @ P&R. They really put in the time to make sure things come out awesome!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Cool deal. Didn't know that.

35r

Knife edged crank,
Oliver steel rods,
Ceramic crown coated CP 10:1 Pistons,
Custom CP wristpins,
Outfront motorsports 13mm/ half inch headstuds,
Kelford 280/278 D series cams,
Ferrea race valve train,
BC non avcs adjustable cam gears,
Custom ported and shimmed*oil pump,
P&R built heads,
ARP case bolts,
KillerB oil pickup and pan,
Darton sleeves.... and many, many more secrets.

5feb9aae6207c6a9ec2df9d76381bc19.jpg
34da7bd17425c5974e566da538235a24.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

35r

Looking to sell this engine. Tpg stage 3 longblock, tons of parts and custom fab work. Good for 800whp. Well over $15k into build. $12k obo. Can arrange install at your expense, or just come pick it up. More detailed pictures and info available for serious buyers.

35r

-Darton Sleeved,

-Fresh torque plate re-hone at 100mm.

*-O-ringed, with copper .041" wire. -

-Machined and fit for 1/2" Outfront head studs, @120ft# -

-Align honed W ARP case bolts @60ft#

-Balanced Rot. Assy.

-OEM Subaru crankshaft STD -

-Oliver billet connecting rod set -

-CP pistons, crown ceramic coated, with ..250" wall tool steel wrist pins and new Gas nitrided ring set, file fit.

-Fresh King XPG bearings

-Heads ..... -Fully ported, flowtested and 5 angle valve seat machined for +1mm valves.

-Complete Ferrea valvetrain. +1 mm Inconel Valves.

- 85# Ferrea dual springs, Ti retainers and billet valve locks.

-Heads machined for big cam clearance - Kelford 280 cam set. -Installed with new OEM lifters initially, valve lash set.

-AVCS delete, Brian crower cam gears.

-Mechanical timing belt tensioner and Eccentric.

-Camshafts degreed on centerlines.

-Gates Kevlar T-belt

- Killer B oil pickup tube and windage tray

- Cosworth. 051" head gaskets

-Tomei belt guide