Bone stock 05 wrx/sti

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Wait, why would you delete AVCS?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Yup, bone stock engine! I knew it!

35r

It could be yours today, everything has a price, and this is priced to sell. I found something else i want, so i dont want to put it in and spend more money right now.

35r

Its glorious. I highly recommend everyone drives GTRs. Scrap out the subarus, and move on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
You're moving forward and I'm moving backwards! :tard:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Its glorious. I highly recommend everyone drives GTRs. Scrap out the subarus, and move on.

The only problem with this is the price tag. :tup: Even older used ones are in excess of 45,000 in most cases. I was in the market for one recently but sat down and did the math. Though the sti is a cheaper platform, by no means is it much less capable. The only thing a GTR has over an STI is acceleration and handling on perfect flat surfaces and even that is questionably with the new STi, I still would not discount the STi for what it is... a very good all-around platform.

There is no doubt though that the GTR is an amazing car and they are so easy to squeeze tremendous power out of. We tune them to 650 whp on just bolt-ons and e-85, and we can squeeze even more but the bottom end is the limit in that respect so that is our ceiling. We recently built a 2000 whp capable GTR tuned to 1700 whp because that was the limit of the dyno. We took it out on the street and all I could say was OH MY FREAKING GOD. The amazing thing was not the acceleration but the fact that the car planted that power and it was stable the whole time. I think that was the only time a little poo came out and not because I was scared but because of the sheer G-force forced it out :lol:.

In conclusion, yeah I largely agree with you. If you have a chance to drive one, do so. Or if you can afford one, buy one.

35r

I'm just fortunate enough to have friends that trust me to drive their nice things hahaha. I was looking recently aswell, and you really can't touch one with low miles and that isn't beat up for less than 70k, yeah you can find them around 45k, but they just aren't well maintained and overall not worth sinking money into, its not cheap to rebuild. We have an Alpha 16 at the shop that makes 1400whp on the mustang (im not sure of the conversion for dynojets), and its one of the most insane things iv ever been in. It literally rips the skin back from your face. It should be fun to watch this coming weekend at the Shootout, its running a low 8, hoping for 7s.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
That is just insane. I wish you luck at the track. I am very interested to see the results!!!

35r

Well, finally the Subaru is gone. On to bigger and better things! Its been a fun ride over the past 7 years, but it just never really gave me that "i love this car" feeling. The next one though ... is an icon from most of our childhoods, and im sure it will have no problem delivering all of the things that i was missing with the Sti. It's going to be epic.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Hmmm I wonder what it could be!

It's another chapter and I wish you luck with the new venture. :tup:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn, pretty much the same time frame for me too. I'll be at 7 years at the end of next month. How much did you get if you don't mine me asking? Based on what we've seen in the past 5 years here, I think we're all going to approve your next choice. :tup:

35r

I sold it for $16k to a dealer. It only had 56k miles, but i left the dealer some meat for resale. They had it on the lot last week for $20k. I also sold the brand new stg3 race motor that i had sitting on my stand.... needed the cash to fund the new ride. I didnt want a loan. I wanted to pay the importer all cash..... key word... importer.... ill let that simmer for a bit. Hahahaaaa

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I sold it for $16k to a dealer. It only had 56k miles, but i left the dealer some meat for resale. They had it on the lot last week for $20k. I also sold the brand new stg3 race motor that i had sitting on my stand.... needed the cash to fund the new ride. I didnt want a loan. I wanted to pay the importer all cash..... key word... importer.... ill let that simmer for a bit. Hahahaaaa

Hahahahaha, we're all on the edge of our seats now! That keyword gave out a little too much info! :tup: :tup: :tup:

I know you can't wait for the ride because I sure as hell can't wait to see it!!!! :bow:

35r

Well, i may as well just come clean.... it was delivered today. 1991 Skyline r32 GTR
6f426d5f400d0ac55e39fc645d0cac96.jpg
14e2c2dafde01e3dd88f7b3bdb1db897.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Pure fucking sex man!!!!! :bow:

If only you could see the amount of drool that has flung out!! :rofl:

So, when will you have it road ready? I want to hear your impressions on it!!!

Is it stock?
Does it have any mods whatsoever?

Are you going to leave it stock?! :lol:

35r

Everything is basically stock...for now. I mean, theres an extremely quiet catback, carbon hood, 17in Enkies, and a strut tower brace, but thats all we'v found so far. Interior needs a little work, there are a few small dash cracks(typical of a 25yr old car that was by the ocean for all of its life), the drivers seat has seen better days, rear seats are nice but there's a hard spot. Door cards and steering wheel have a few small cracks, and the window trim could use a refresh. But its all aesthetics. I can get things rewrapped and reupholstered. Mechanically its great! We actually pulled out the boost restrictor today and it picked up about 5lbs. Went from 9-14lbs, which is 100% safe, and actually recommend. Free horsepower FTW! Dont have it registered or inspected yet, but i couldnt resist going for a ride on such a nice day, so i threw some old plates on it and went for a rip. Lol
a45cf90dacad1ce16857ead4c9bd51d8.jpg
9600a906c6479b8d7797331398e04524.jpg
f006df4697cf58f7fe08fd1f9caf4047.jpg