GR Cherry's 2011 OBP Mobile Money Incinerator

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
The pic we posted on FB got a lot of attention. :)

I now see we got more to choose from.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Will do.

Thanks for sharing with us.

How fast where you going in the autocross video?

orestes85

I was nearing the top of 2nd pretty frequently. I think my average speed was probably around 45mph. I know i was hitting the redline in 2nd on the 3 fast sections because i could see the shift light freaking out on me.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Thought so. Car seemed to run good on the track. Start seemed liked you bogged down for a sec. I hate that. :rambo:

orestes85

They didn't like it when I took off hard. ESPECIALLY when I did a full out launch. They'll be extra pissed when I get the standalone EMS and go to ignition cut 2-step. FIREBALLZZZZ. Start line worker is gonna wanna shoot me.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
You should be able to launch off the line. We do here. :)

orestes85

I figured that much. It wasn't squirming too bad and was in control of the car the whole time.

At any rate I had a blast and I'm looking forward to Virginia International Raceway on Saturday. Got a room booked in the North Paddock. Gotta pee? Go upstairs. Hungry? Go Upstairs. Raining? Put your shit upstairs.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I figured that much. It wasn't squirming too bad and was in control of the car the whole time.

At any rate I had a blast and I'm looking forward to Virginia International Raceway on Saturday. Got a room booked in the North Paddock. Gotta pee? Go upstairs. Hungry? Go Upstairs. Raining? Put your shit upstairs.

I take it the amenities are not 5 star :lol:

Grinder34

Track Monkey

Just dont try to take a nap!

orestes85

Not worried about the accommodations as much as how awesome it'll be to be able to just go upstairs at the end of the day and not have to worry about waking up early to drive out to the track. It's a convenience thing.

orestes85

HPDE at VIR: Session 7 of 8. Gopro went down about 75% through this session, but this had the best laps out of the footage I had. session 8 was much faster. I really need a bunch of spare Gopro batteries.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Nice.

What was your top speed on that track?

orestes85

i was getting right around 140 on the back straight towards the end of the 2 days. took some balls to not start braking til the bottom of the dip going into the roller coaster (left hander at the end of the back straight)

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Looked like fun.

orestes85

i was getting right around 140 on the back straight towards the end of the 2 days. took some balls to not start braking til the bottom of the dip going into the roller coaster (left hander at the end of the back straight)