COBB SF Short Ram Intake

ZachTTLM

I have several customers using these and have gotten nothing but good reviews. They are a great product for the cost. The installation of the COBB Tuning SF Intake is very easy and only take about 15 minutes with common hand tools. They are the only intake that works with the off the shelf maps on the Cobb Tuning AccessPORT.

When installing the intake or any intake on the wrx/STi we have always removed the air silencer tank in the inner fender. This is only held in by 2 10mm nuts. To do this you will have to get the car elevated on to ramps, jackstands, or a lift to gain access easily to the innter fender area.

Blue Tech

Good review. I was looking at getting one of these so I'm happy someone did a write up. The fact that the intake works on the base maps of the Accessport is awesome.

ZachTTLM

Definitly is a great product and we know a lot of people running them. Let us know when you are ready, I would be happy to price this out for you.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The other thing you might consider when using the Cobb SF is also their Cold Air box. It plummets the IAT's from 140-160* down to 100* or less on the hottest summer days. With that you get the best of both worlds and have a short ram with cold air intake temps.

I like the Cobb SF out of any stock size intake on the market. They are the only ones to incorporate a flow conditioner prior to the MAF sensor to help stabilize and smooth the flow over every range of operation. This is evident in the smooth MAF scaling you get when tuning the SF. They even have a 72mm unit for those bigger turbo applications.

SirMyztiq

I have the short ram and the air box combo. Great stuff. Smoooooth MAF scaling.

Stiyle11sedan

I have the SF and like it a lot, however I had to have my ap reflashed with the SF 91 map so it would work correctly. For some reason or another I kept having issues with the ots map and it kept kicking my car into limp mode. Once the reflash for the SF91 was done it worked great!!

11bnuffy

The Cobb SF intake combo kit is one of the best upgrades ive done. Great sound, smooth driving and Cobb already has a map for it. Plus it works with the stock air intake funnel. I highly recommend it to anybody.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
I just installed a COBB SF with airbox on my 15 STi yesterday. Seems like a well built product that should do it's job well. Very straightforward to install, no need to jack up the car or remove anything except the old intake. With the OTS Stage 1 + SF 93 tune the car is pulling smoother than it was with the stock box and Stage 1 map. I am assuming this is more from the tune than anything as the stock box is adequate as discussed in other threads. I am enjoying the intake noises more than I thought I would though. I will be interested to see how the intake temps are vs. stock.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I just installed a COBB SF with airbox on my 15 STi yesterday. Seems like a well built product that should do it's job well. Very straightforward to install, no need to jack up the car or remove anything except the old intake. With the OTS Stage 1 + SF 93 tune the car is pulling smoother than it was with the stock box and Stage 1 map. I am assuming this is more from the tune than anything as the stock box is adequate as discussed in other threads. I am enjoying the intake noises more than I thought I would though. I will be interested to see how the intake temps are vs. stock.
Let us know whenever you get to the comparison between the AIT's!