Cobb

stiorbust

Hello,
I had the smog pump codes deleted prior with an open source tune on my 08 sti. I have a cobb ap and so the prior codes have come back. How can I shut them down again?
Grant Sampson via tap a talk

Grinder34

Track Monkey
AccessTUNER Race is what i'd recommend. You can modify an OTS map to delete codes.

More info: http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=5497
Download: http://accessecu.com/register/cobb.php

IIRC you have to submit a little form and they'll send you a link to download it.

Edit:

If its a protune I think you gotta get your tuner to do it for you. I havent been pro-tuned, so I dont know if the accesstuner will edit pro maps.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
AccessTUNER Race is what i'd recommend. You can modify an OTS map to delete codes.

More info: http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=5497
Download: http://accessecu.com/register/cobb.php

IIRC you have to submit a little form and they'll send you a link to download it.

Edit:

If its a protune I think you gotta get your tuner to do it for you. I havent been pro-tuned, so I dont know if the accesstuner will edit pro maps.

You are correct... ATR will not modify a pro tune. If this is a case where you have a protune just ask your tuner to disable the code. He should do it for free.

If you are OTS map then do as previously described. :tup:

stiorbust

Cobb sent him the link to download his protune software. Its being tuned as we speak but.I will check that link out. Could be handy

stiorbust

Should I reinstall the injen intake? Could someone help me if.I gave numbers or I stay with the oem airbox. I can't imagine the oem would be better than the injen cold air

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Should I reinstall the injen intake? Could someone help me if.I gave numbers or I stay with the oem airbox. I can't imagine the oem would be better than the injen cold air

The oem is better than the injen :lol:

But no really... it is. You need a protune on anything that is not stock with the exception of the Cobb and the SPT intakes. An after market intake is a waste of money for something that might give marginal gains and is more trouble than it is worth. The only time you should change the intake is when you upgrade the turbo to accommodate the extra flow IMO.

stiorbust

That is nuts. Go subie on that one. I swear I felt a night and day gain when I installed it. I have a 9 Sec drag truck so I thought I knew power. Guess not

Paul.c

Unfortunately some mods have a placebo effect. When you install a Catback exhaust for instance there is no real performance gain other than the additional sound it makes. because you can hear exhaust and you can hear the turbo spooling and the sucking sound with the aftermarket intakes it gives your brain a false sense of power increase.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well looks like you boys got this all covered in here. I don't even have to comment. Carry on.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Oh yes it is possible to see gain but just speaking from experience you generally don't see anything significant for the money. :) The thing with these cars is they are very temperamental about the hardware you install and even though you may actually feel a difference in performance you may actually be doing great harm. The MAF sensor is very sensitive to changes in air flow and anything other than the stock intake will change the flow profile across the MAF sensor. We usually see these cars lean out significantly in certain areas of the tune even though the intake is the same diameter as stock.

Really the only way to prove it though is on a dyno. Most tuners will tell you to stay stock unless you are doing other significant changes. :tup:

That is nuts. Go subie on that one. I swear I felt a night and day gain when I installed it. I have a 9 Sec drag truck so I thought I knew power. Guess not

stiorbust

And he said to put the oem back on. A it was very hard to tune and b he said the oem was better so I put the oem back on. I left the snorkal off though. Guess ill just drop in a kn for now

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The KN is a great upgrade :tup:

And he said to put the oem back on. A it was very hard to tune and b he said the oem was better so I put the oem back on. I left the snorkal off though. Guess ill just drop in a kn for now