Coilover opinion

stiorbust

OK I'm in a jamb. I wanna get coil overs for my 08 sti. My boy can get me Isc n1s with camber plates for $850. Or my main guy can get me fortune auto 4th Gen for about $100 more. Load me some opinions. I am very tight on budget. I don't care about a hard ride. I also need coil spring recommendations for front and Rear. Thanks again

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Grant remember you get what you pay for my friend.

Spamby

Meat Product Toy
JJ is very correct.

I have done a lot of suspension setups over the years, mostly offroad and street but obviously the principal still applies.

What I do know about the cheaper brand stuff is that when the deal seems to good to be true, it usually is. When I went for the cheaper stuff it always wound up biting me in the arse later down the road. Initial impressions were usually good but after some use they usually degrade rather quickly. Springs soften, dampers not matched to springs, valving incorrect, blown seals and even bent shock pistons. Rebound and compression not correct stroke being set too short or long.

The reason why they are so cheap, compared to others, is because they cut corners. I would recommend springs on stock struts before cheap coilovers.

Suspension is one of the points you should always try not to skimp on. Save your pennies and try for a brand with a better/longer history.

If you can afford 800-900 then your already halfway to a better quality coilover.

stiorbust

Well Isc n1s are not cheap nor are the fortunes. Both have a very good record for reliability and performance. I'm referring cheap as getting them cheap because of my contacts not brand. I was just asking opinions on brand preference. I'm not going with some eBay special to cut cost. I'm Def going with one of these two brands. The prob that I have seen with tiens are that they severely rust here in ct and new England. They are an excellent Coilover besides that. Sorry if I wasn't clear on my question

Evo_Fucking_STi

Ask JJ about his coilovers. I am a big fan of Feal and Stance, Feal's are pretty sick for the money. Swift springs custom valved struts.