Constant fluctating idle

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I got to see/hear the car today for the first time through skype. It's a perfect idle warming up but once at opperating temp., it fluctates from 300 to 1300. Not erratic, just a constant up and down and up and down. I thought it was a boost leak cuz my mom had described it to me as erratic but it's not. What would give it an even bouncy idle AFTER warmed up??

cobbtunedsti

Wow.. You have even less miles than I do on your build from PLANO!!! I've call a 1,000x on this to cobb.. Your intake is loose or a vacuum line.. I'd start zip tieing everything!!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I had her show me the whole engine bay and a clamp is loose on the brake booster line. There are only a couple zip ties on the little vacuum lines on the front of the intake manifold but it wouldn't be enough to cause the rise and fall of the idle I don't think??

cobbtunedsti

There's a vacuum line under the throttle body too!! Also check the inlet!! How many mile are on your build?

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Maybe 300 after leaving Cobb :( It'll be going back into Cobb when the coilovers are ready to be picked up. Just curious if someone could try to diagnose it as a vacuum line or something else. I can try to list out the vacuum lines for my mom to check.

Last edited:

cobbtunedsti

Man that things under warranty!! Make Cobb fix it and have your mom drive it up there!!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
lol I've already talked to Kevin and they were previously informed, a couple months ago. They're just waiting for the car to be delivered by my mom. The coilovers should be here before the end of the month so it'll get worked out.....hopefully. I wanted to see if there were other solutions I could get my mom to try to mess with before it went there. She said it drives like a raped ape though :p