How To: GD Daytime Running Lights disable

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Tired of running around in the day with your headlights on? This mod will allow you to drop the e-brake without turning on your lowbeams. To turn on your lowbeams, just turn the headlight knob like normal :)

Tools needed:
At least one good eye
At least 2 good fingers
Maybe a screwdriver

1. There is a module that connects the circuit behind the glove box. Located here:
CIMG0758e.jpg

I have been told you can get to it without even dropping the glove box as I did. To do this you just need to locate (I believe) 4 screws. Open the glove box and unscrew the two in there then the two on the underside of the glove box/dash.

2. If you can get a flashlight and just look up behind the glove box, assuming the top of your head is facing the front of the car, the clip will be to the left of a blue module control box. It has a yellow bottom and is a skinny long rectangle clip with 3 wires coming out of it.
CIMG0761.jpg

3. Unplug that and that's it. Note that the clip tab is kind of in there a bit, look at the clips housing and how it's flush and look at the tab. Maybe a screwdriver will help.
CIMG0759e.jpg

No more daytime running lights. I did this back in 2006 and have NEVER had any issues with my headlights to include, parking lights, low or high beams.

4. Enjoy being stealthy:tard:

Last edited: