Down pipe parts list advice

I'm looking to replace the stock DP on my '10 STI with a Cobb catted DP. Do I also need to plan on replacing both the turbo to DP gasket, and the donut gasket at the end of the DP as well, or can those be reused?

Also, has anyone wrapped their DP, and would they recommend it?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
personally i would replace the gaskets anyway. not sure how much they cost but i imagine they aren't too bad. im not a fan of re-using gaskets and stuff of that nature. as far as wrapping the DP i believe there is a benefit to that but [MENTION=9]HolyCrapItsFast[/MENTION] would probably be able to give you the reason why.

Also, since the factory turbo shield won't work with the new DP, should I buy a new aftermarket shield, or cut the factory one?

War_Panda04

STill Plays With Toys!
again i like to keep my car looking and performing the best i can. even if it costs a few extra bucks you know. if its in the budget id get an aftermarket shield.

hope i dont get murdered for saying this but you can get stainless steel multi layer gaskets off ebay for a third of the price of namebrand ones i have been using them on my car and others for ever they perform exactly the same. also i have never replaced the donut gasket and its never leaked.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
hope i dont get murdered for saying this but you can get stainless steel multi layer gaskets off ebay for a third of the price of namebrand ones i have been using them on my car and others for ever they perform exactly the same. also i have never replaced the donut gasket and its never leaked.

I use the ebay ones all the time. As long as they are multi layer stainless, it doesn't matter IMO

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Cool, and what about wrapping the DP? Worthwhile?

I don't see a down side to it. There are claims that it can cause the stainless steel to crack or affect the cat because the heat is not dissipated but there is no proof of that that I have ever seen. I have wrapped mine with great success and had no issues.

FL4TTURBO

Heat wrap is fine. I personally go with the closest to OEM gaskets you can buy.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk