DP Install Advice

I'm going to be changing out my DP in the very near future, and I was wondering if I need to spend the money on the nuts, bolts, and studs for the DP to turbo connection? Is this necessary or just "better safe than sorry?"

Also, I'm looking at an Invidia DP. Is this a good pipe, or should I just pony up the dough and get a Cobb?

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
Not sure which Invidia DP you are looking at, but generally speaking, an Invidia DP should flow better than a Cobb DP. Cobb stuff is well made, but their DPs are designed with their Stage 2 power package in mind and secondarily to control boost creep issues. That said, their 3" DPs actually taper to 2.5" in the throat which of course restricts flow. I have an Invidia V2 partially-divorced wastegate DP (with no catalytic converter). I'm very happy with it.

Provided that your existing hardware is in good condition (it should be, considering you have a MY2010), you should be just fine reusing all that stuff. I'd recommend a new turbo-to-downpipe gasket, but the Invidia DP might come with the gasket. Check on that when ordering...

Anyone else think of anything I didn't?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Better safe than sorry IMO. Though I have not really had any issues personally, I have read of the nightmares that others have run into with rusted nuts and broken studs.

Spray everything with PB Blaster a few hours before you do the job

Not sure which Invidia DP you are looking at, but generally speaking, an Invidia DP should flow better than a Cobb DP. Cobb stuff is well made, but their DPs are designed with their Stage 2 power package in mind and secondarily to control boost creep issues. That said, their 3" DPs actually taper to 2.5" in the throat which of course restricts flow. I have an Invidia V2 partially-divorced wastegate DP (with no catalytic converter). I'm very happy with it.

Provided that your existing hardware is in good condition (it should be, considering you have a MY2010), you should be just fine reusing all that stuff. I'd recommend a new turbo-to-downpipe gasket, but the Invidia DP might come with the gasket. Check on that when ordering...

Anyone else think of anything I didn't?

I'm looking at the Invidia HS08SW1DOC, and I'm fixin' to get it from @Infamous_Performance before their sale ends. I like the Cobb, but I was concerned about the DP necking down to 2.5". That seems very limiting, should I decide on a 3" CBE at a later date.

Batmobile_Engage

Squirrel Meat Aficionado.
Staff member
To clarify, the Cobb DP only necks down to 2.5" in the throat of the pipe (and then returns to 3"). So most 3" CBEs will mate up just fine provided that the flange has the same bolt number/pattern.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
There's a pack at Autozone that has the proper sized/rated bolts/studs and stuff. At this point I forget what part number it is, but it only cost me like $5. It's a little blister pack, and I think it has more in it than needed for our cars.