Status
Not open for further replies.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Oh them perks. ?

This awesome hoodie I'm wearing right now that I got from y'all and the amsoil at dealer price and tunes.
I swear on the quality of the hoodie lol, kept me perfectly warm in 30 degree weather.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
2004 STi, Stage 2
Elevation: 113ft
Temperature: 55
Turbo: Stock
Intake: Cobb SF 66mm
Gear: 4th

337 hp, 359 trq

Other mods...
1. grimmspeed EBCS
2. grimmspeed phenolic spacer 3mm
3. walbro 255 fuel pump
4. ngk 1 step colder plugs
5. perrin AOS Invidia 3" catless DP with Greedy evo 3 cat back

6. tial 38mm waste gate

Ulises_Stage2_Gas93.08-15-2014_LA.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whose car was this?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Poor thing looks slow.

sacnvz

You guys pretty much covered the visual inspection aspect of smog checks but what about emissions? My question is will tuning effect emissions?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
You guys pretty much covered the visual inspection aspect of smog checks but what about emissions? My question is will tuning effect emissions?

The short answer is no... not directly. What will effect emissions are the mods you do that require the tune such as catless downpipes, cams, or removing the rear O2 sensor. Everything else can be pretty much compensated for and a good tune will actually improve emissions. Especially if you decide to go E85. Near zero emissions with corn.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Just finished up an E-85 tune for Boogieman98

Car is a 2013 STi with a stock turbo.

Mods...

850cc injectors, Deatschwerks
Cobb SF 72mm
SPT Turbo back exhaust
TiAL 44mm WasteGate
Grimmspeed Up-Pipe
Grimmspeed EBCS

Elevation: 500ft, Peak HP: 359, Peak Torque: 369

Rev%20J1.jpg

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Dang dude nice horsepower curve!!!!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sweet baby rays.... Great job. Love the curve.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I have to re-stress this point. VD is only as accurate as the info you give it and the road surface, head wind and incline you give it. :tup: I really don't use it for power. I use it to compare results from rom to rom and to view torque and power curves.

As a tuner, that is what is more important to me.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
I have to re-stress this point. VD is only as accurate as the info you give it and the road surface, head wind and incline you give it. :tup: I really don't use it for power. I use it to compare results from rom to rom and to view torque and power curves.

As a tuner, that is what is more important to me.

I understand. I was looking around to see if there are any ways to compute actual power without putting the car on a dyno. Ran across that.

The curves have been fascinating lately! :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.