ECU Reset

Seasian2

Hey guys, fairly new to the forums, and still learning.
Today I was changing out some lights on my car and disconnected the battery, when I started driving I noticed the car felt a little off. Took a look at my AP and noticed more knock than when I had my Protune Map on.

Did I reset the ECU?
If so, can I load back my pro-tuned map, it shows that its saved in my access port.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Whenever you clear codes through the OBD (AP) or disconnect the battery, your ECU gets reset. You have to allow the car to properly relearn the parameters. I'll give you a quick overview in case you're not aware of how to do so.

1) After an ECU is reset, turn key to accessory and wait 10 seconds. Turn on the vehicle. Do NOT touch the throttle. Allow the car to idle 5-10 minutes.
2) Drive like a grandma with light load, shift before 3,000 RPM, for 10-15 minutes. (I avoid boosting at this point.)
3) Ease into the throttle a bit more, but don't exceed 5 PSI, shift before 4,000 RPM, for another 10 minutes.
4) If everything seems to be running normally, then I increase boost threshold to 10 PSI, 15 PSI, etc. Do NOT go WOT.
5) After roughly 40-45 minutes, the car should be ready for normal driving. If you go WOT, you need to monitor knock and AFR and ensure everything is within normal operating range.

Since you have a GR/GV, I imagine this would be done in Sport mode.