Enkei TFR 18x8.5 +45

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Enkei TFR 18x8.5 +45

Initial Thoughts:
  • These look phenomenal! The dark matte gunmetal color is sweet on my Galaxy Blue.
  • No noticeable imperfections or issues out of the box.
  • Mounted up nicely with little balancing needed using used Dunlop Sport Maxx RT tires.
  • Weight feels very similar to the forged BBS wheels that will now serve as winter wheels.
  • Cleaning them will be a breeze and they show off the brakes & large rotors nicely.
  • Driving (in combination w/ Dunlop tires) has a twitchier/more nimble turn in feel. Twitchier may sound bad, but I didn't realize how sluggish the other setup was until installing these.
  • Price is tough to beat for a 20lb 18in wheel that looks nice - Jordan @Defined Performance easily beat other vendors and got me exactly what I needed including the black lug nuts and hubcentric adapters. As always, a great buying experience with him.

The Not So Glowing Teddy Bears and Rainbows Part:
  • Only one real gripe here. My very experienced tech that mounted the tires found the lip on these a little hard to work with and the finish to be a little on the thin side (a couple small marks from installation at the lip). He has done thousands of mount and balance jobs and does great work, so I do worry slightly about how the finish on these will hold up over time. Time will tell.

20190413_163309_edited.jpg

20190413_155006_edited.jpg

Last edited:

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn, man. Your car looks outstanding! :tup:

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Update:

Loving these more each day. Super easy to keep clean (which means I am keeping them clean). The color masks dust so well you don't really know they are dirty until you start cleaning them. Not a lot of miles on them but the finish is holding up well so far.

Loving the write up on these wheels [MENTION=692]Eagleye[/MENTION]. It is interesting that you are using stock, forged, BBS rims as winter wheels. I have been struggling with what to do with my stock wheels, they are 19" but the width and offset aren't what I want. Rather than compromising on my summer wheels, I am leaning toward leveraging the stock wheels for winters, even through 19", and getting wider 18" with a better offset for the summer.

Eagleye

Tinkerer
Loving the write up on these wheels @Eagleye. It is interesting that you are using stock, forged, BBS rims as winter wheels. I have been struggling with what to do with my stock wheels, they are 19" but the width and offset aren't what I want. Rather than compromising on my summer wheels, I am leaning toward leveraging the stock wheels for winters, even through 19", and getting wider 18" with a better offset for the summer.

For me it was easy. The stock wheels sit inside the fender farther which I like for winter driving and they had winter sport tires on them when I bought the car so I didn't have to buy new tires to run them as the winter setup. Your plan sounds like a good one. I was going to go wider with mine, but ended up staying with 8.5in wide because it gave me more flexibility with the suspension, got me the offset I wanted, kept the weight down, allowed me to buy the stock Dunlop summer tires for $225, and I don't make enough power to need anything wider at this stage.