Equal or Unequal Headers?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
It could be argued that with the stock piston configuration the manifold plays a role in the piston ring failures, but for the most part I agree.

I'm with you. While it's hard to prove it's a safer configuration, i think there's some reasonable logic behind that assertion. Safer, earlier spool and moar powah! What's not to like, except the sound? That can be fixed a-la BMW M5, by piping in a rumble over the stereo! Ok, so thats not so practical but still. I can give up sound for everything else.

STI 2NR

I had a set of synic equal length headers that were jet hot coated. They failed after 3000 miles (cracked). Be careful what you buy. The only thing I have seen that will hold up to our immensely hot headers is aircraft rated stainless steel.

R3V

I had a set of synic equal length headers that were jet hot coated. They failed after 3000 miles (cracked). Be careful what you buy. The only thing I have seen that will hold up to our immensely hot headers is aircraft rated stainless steel.

So Killer B or bust?

STI 2NR

Yeah killer b is having a great run with those. They even warranty them if you wrap or coat them. Well worth the 1k IMO. Stock headers work just fine for me but I am only putting 340 AWTQ to the pavement. Plenty for me.

Grinder34

Track Monkey

R3V

Yeah killer b is having a great run with those. They even warranty them if you wrap or coat them. Well worth the 1k IMO. Stock headers work just fine for me but I am only putting 340 AWTQ to the pavement. Plenty for me.

1K? $1,400.00 bro! Not saying its not worth it, but double the price is definitely a hangup for most people.