Fine knock learning and dynamic adv.

jswansti

Hey all!

So I plugged my AP in today just to see how she was looking. The afr's looked fine, in the 14's, and there was no knock feedback. But I did notice that I have a consistent fine knock learning value of -.7 up to 2500 rpm's, and then it's perfectly 0 after that. I also noticed there was dynamic adv up to 3.5 when driving normally. Should I be worried about these values? A/f correction looked pretty normal also and there was no cylinder roughness. Thanks for any tips!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
-.7 is nothing to worry about esspecially under low load and RPM. If you want go ahead and give us a log just to make sure everything is good.

Bluedemon_II

For now nothing to worry about. Fine learning becomes a problem when you are in high load high rpm area. There, knock is most destructive. Post a log and we could help you out!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I think you have to your logs public. We don't have permission to view them.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Your good... It is just learned and that doesn't necessarily mean there is knock. FBCK is silent the whole time and what is in FLKC is all low load and rpm. Everything else looks good. Anything below 2 during low load and rpm might as well be zero IMO. It is possible that this is false knock also because it occurs in spots that I have never seen knock occur before, like on idle...

Do me a favor... Reset the ECU to remove any learned data and let's see another log. This will let us see where and when the knock events occur in real time if any. Drive around for at least ten minutes after a reset. Then it is okay to log.

Other than that, let her rip. :tup:

Vermont

I would agree with Holy on this as well.... Any FLKC value that is bellow 1 and is none incremental (does not increase) should be ignored. Now you might have something loose in the engine that in vibrating near the knock sensor very slightly. As it is very odd to see so many low values in such non-problematic areas. At this point I would say wait a few weeks and see if it comes back or worsens, with something as minor as this even I wouldn't touch the tune, and as Holy can tell you I am paranoid about knock....

jswansti

As am I! THanks for all the advice! Glad to hear the tune still looks pretty solid. Almost got 20,000 miles on it :)

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I did notice in one of those logs there is FBKC that increments from -2 to -4 at around 2700 rpm and .5 to .6 load... But it does it only once and it never repeats so I would tend to write it off as false until i see just one more log in a few days. The rest of the log looks really nice but I would like to give it a few days and see if any of that knock comes back or becomes learned. Either way it still is low load so it's not damaging at all at this point.

As suggested there might be something loose that is faking the sensor out but we really can't make that determination until we have a repeatable event. For now don't worry about it and just drive it like you normally would. :tup:

jswansti

Okay its been two days so here are some new logs. I had some funky FKL in the first log but its not prevalent in the others, as well as some FDBKN. There's also i couple -2 FDBKN values in the second log but i know that occurred right when i went over some crazy bumpy parts of a construction road. And on the highway i take every day there are quite a few areas of shitty road that correlate to some FDBKN values. Anywho, have a look!

Highway cruising and some stops:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArU2EQTP6QPBdHB2d2FqTkxFSEhVcWVEY0ZzUGtzYmc#gid=0

City driving/ some light boost
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArU2EQTP6QPBdFJmcWk4RDE5Tmk1NGFCNVZ3SFRlV3c#gid=0

Idle with some revs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArU2EQTP6QPBdEdIS1NOWkdwMC13OXhSQ1ZsLTFIQmc#gid=0

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I don't see anything alarming here. Just keep an eye on it and log every once in a while just to see if it gets worse than that but I think it is ok.