GD Funk32's 04 STi race car Build V-Mount,TS EFR7163

funk32

Some new parts showed up, out with the Aeromotive FPR and in with the Radium FPR, way more options with this regulator. Also got some new harnesses that are good to 2020 lol.

20150416_165554 by Funk32, on Flickr

20150416_195124 by Funk32, on Flickr

I attacked the hood pin install, thankfully I was with a friend when he did his. I didnt have to worry to much as it is an aluminium hood and I plan on going CF later on. I will say it was a lot more BS involved on the 04 vs the 12. just how it mounts and such.

20150426_185405 by Funk32, on Flickr

Here is a little block I was able to find (took a long time) and some fittings, I will be using this to tie the breather system together before it runs to the dry sump oil reservoir.

20150422_162615 by Funk32, on Flickr

The car is finally fully wrapped, thanks to some help from a few friends

20150423_063959 by Funk32, on Flickr

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I wish I had the time and resources to make my car like yours. Its a great build with lots of nice attention to details and, of course, the "thats fucking awesome" aspect like dry sump.

funk32

I received some brake parts to finish off the brake situation, new lines to go from the front to the rear, due to some rust and the cage builder not being as careful as he could have been the hard lines broke at the block under the car before the fuel tank.

One issue I ran into and if people know the Alcon brakes you will see it in the picture, the rear pads are meant for a different caliper. B type caliper VS the P type caliper that I am using, OH well people make mistakes and I am not in a crazy rush.

20150513_164122 by David, on Flickr

funk32

Thanks to VEX for getting this amazing looking clutch, can't say much more then that until its in the car and I have used it. From all the reviews everyone likes the OS clutches and has had very little to no issues with them. I am told I the clutch will last a long time and will hold any power I will put at it.

the clutch is a OS Giken R3C triple plate.

20150519_151830 by David, on Flickr

funk32

Well, after lots of debating/research and emails this is the hood that is enroute, they just finished building it yesterday. Think I will be very happy, weighs in at 16 Lbs, which is pretty close to OEM I think. Advantages are the ducting and cooling it will offer plus looks a lot cleaner then the OEM Hood.

only concern now is if I can keep a rotated manifold setup or not. Not a big deal considering it is already using a V mount setup.

K081018FC-1 by David, on Flickr
K081018FC-3 by David, on Flickr

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Sick hood!

What hood is that?

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Man i wish i could strip that much out of my engine bay, not to mention add all the goodies in there.

Why not reverse the IM for shorter pipes? I dont know much about that.

funk32

Man i wish i could strip that much out of my engine bay, not to mention add all the goodies in there.

Why not reverse the IM for shorter pipes? I dont know much about that.

I was planing on doing the reverse manifold, even had the piping made, but after receiving the new hood I found out there was no room for it. In reality I may have added 1/2-3/4 of a ft. The system is still way shorter then any FMIC.

funk32

been working extremely hard on the car the last couple of days. Every part of me is sore and I cant feel the tips of my fingers lol...FML

pretty much have everything sorted out minus fuel and a small amount of wiring (extending wires) engine bay is pretty busy now with the dry sump lines.

20150710_095029 by David, on Flickr

20150710_095048 by David, on Flickr

funk32

well the long over due start up, it took a lot of trouble shooting as it didn't want to fire up this morning, still not 100% sure what I did to change it but as you see in the video the engine wiring harness is now a mess as I tore it apart looking for any issues. Due to taking so long to get it fired up I will not be able to see Sunny before I leave, hopefully he will be willing to do some etuning while I travel to Ont.

here is the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IQY6hnZah4

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Was that a throttle blip around 30s or did something happen?

No WOT on first startup!?! :tard:

Sounds sweet man. Congratz on getting her started for the first time. How long until we see a video of her running on the road?....Once again Congratz takes alot of work, knowledge, and patience to do what you have done to this car......

:04ftw: