Gov't shutdown has begun!!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Most people know, I'm in the Army. I just checked my LES (paycheck stub) as it comes out a couple days early and I'm only getting 1/2 a paycheck = $628 :( This is going to hurt. My checks are usually ~1200 after 650 allotment for cell phones and Star Card.
-450 truck payment
-220 vehicle ins.
-~5-600/mo groceries
-180 credit card payment
-80 internet
-70/mo gas
-80/mo newports :p
-20-40 beer

That's all $1700 in "bills" so the $1250/mo I'm going to get paid...ASSUMING I'LL GET ANOTHER HALF A CHECK....still aint shit:(:(:tdown::tdown::(:x:x:(:(:(

They said we'll get reimbursed but not interest accrued due to credit cards. 80% of the population lives from check to check. I don't know what I'm going to do cuz our phones are a German contract and to cancel it, you have to pay it off. The truck payment is the biggest good thing on my credit. We have to eat.....*takes in a big breathe* I guess it's time to hang on for a BUMPY ride.

Last edited:

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
My wife just got a job but it's only paying 8.15/hr but with that, we have to pay for daycare so really, it's only $4/hr. It's not full time, she's getting 25hr's next week so maybe $100 BEFORE tax :( hhhhhh

I'm just wondering how many soldiers are going to go AWOL.

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I will say a pray that everything for you goes well and they aren't shut down long. I have been there and I understand what you are going threw. It sucks.

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
Thx man

On a semi-positive note, my wife just checked out local facebook page where the garrison cdr posts and it said we will continue to get 1/2 checks if the bill doesn't get signed. If it does then we'll get 2 1/2 checks on the 15th. This is just to "prepare".

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm very sorry.

This completely sucks... So basically they are using your services but you are not getting paid for it. Isn't that a breach of contract or something?

Fuck the Government!!!

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
I'm just wondering what our command is going to do, especially since the units budget is already shit. We're supposed to go to the field in a couple weeks but we don't have enough fuel to get there???

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
That'd be funny if Lawyers were gov't funded lol Seriously though, what are they going to say? We're talking about congress and the president here!!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
My point is they are screwing with the one thing they shouldn't. Our soldiers should not have to bear the brunt of our governments shortcomings. What if war suddenly broke out, then you wouldn't have troops motivated to risk their lives to defend a country that is showing itself to not really give a shit.

Technically you are a contracted worker and not an employee of the US government. If they are not paying you what was agreed upon then the contract has been breached.

Maybe a lawyer would see it the same or maybe I'm just way off target with this one but something is sour in the pot and your the ones who have to eat it.

This is very unfair.:tdown:

I'm writing a letter to my congressman as we speak!!!! I suggest everyone do the same!!!!

Vermont

I wish we could contact a lawyer to fix the problem but the fact is, we are not "contracted employee's". We are the United States's property. If we go AWOL it is in reg for us to hanged no matter the reason. Am I saying they will do that? No, but the fact remains that were not going to get paid and it sucks.

We can either suck it up and live with it, and make sure certain people do not get re-elected (I.E. every one in office at present). Or we can do like my battalion command says. Which involves a large number of Bradleys and Tanks.... :twisted:

Personally I am just gonna suck it up and deal with it. I have a large enough amount of money in savings to hold me over till June when I get out. :unsure:

Keep all politics out of this thread.

As long as it stays focusing on the effects of the shut down and not who to blame we're golden. :tup:

I agree that the fact that the military is suffering is complete bullshit. They are the ones who deserve the little they are paid the most! They should be paid egardless and have a back up plan if budget issues arise.... Like having the Federal Reserve fund them or another organization that does not relay on anual budgets in the time of a crises. This is th 17th! governement shut down since the 70's.... you'd think a back up plan would be had by now.

My point is they are screwing with the one thing they shouldn't. Our soldiers should not have to bear the brunt of our governments shortcomings. What if war suddenly broke out, then you wouldn't have troops motivated to risk their lives to defend a country that is showing itself to not really give a shit.

Technically you are a contracted worker and not an employee of the US government. If they are not paying you what was agreed upon then the contract has been breached.

Maybe a lawyer would see it the same or maybe I'm just way off target with this one but something is sour in the pot and your the ones who have to eat it.

This is very unfair.:tdown:

I'm writing a letter to my congressman as we speak!!!! I suggest everyone do the same!!!!

The loop hole in this is that they are still earning and will get back pay.... whenever the govt is back up. :(

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Well good news for once. The government will not be shutting down. :)

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
^THIS, my wife woke up and checked our local site and the cock suckers finally signed the bill at the last moment!! I'm really not a stressful guy, but this had me on the edge :/ Not having gas to get to work? Get a ride with a friend. Can't get my son to t-ball, get the wife to do it. Not get paid? ....WTF can I do?? Steal? Sell things? to who if they don't have any money either?

icudruln

I'm still pissed off at those fucks. Makes me think about them in a different light than before this whole thing.

Agreed. Not to get politics involved here, but it seems like pre G.H. Bush, voting for government offices meant voting on different philosophies between parties, and now its more about trying to base your vote on who will screw up the least. :(