Hello from Cali

Hello Everyone,
My name is Ian, i am 32 and Live in California. I currently own a 2004 STI USDM and love it to death. Although at first, it was a toss up between and EVO 8 and a 04 STI.... I choose the STI due to lower center of gravity and better handling at the time.
Since purchasing it in 2009 i haven't had the opportunity to do much with it other than standard maintenance..i.e. clutch breaks, timing belt. However, this past year i finally got around to adding a down pipe and headers on her. At which time i noticed a significant difference in the daily driver i have had for some time now. That being said it was not too far after that when i modified my shifter to have a shorter trow, started researching tuning... Not that great at it, but am still learning.
Right now though i am saving up to re build the motor as she is burning excessive oil... 150K Hard miles on her. Mind you, when i bought the car it already had 107K miles on it. As time goes on i will try and find the build area on this forums and start a thread on my build process etc. Planned goodies include Cosworth pistons "don't want piston slap and they seem to be a good cross between Race and DD", Arp hardware all the way through, and still up in the air on which connecting rods to go with. I want an I beam rod but not sure which one to go with....as far as heads go I will have all the valves replaced and a good resurface done on them for now... Not sure what else i am gonna have done but the basic idea is if i am in the lower end, make it as strong as i can afford with quality parts.

Anyways, Just stopping by to say hi....Now its time to go and research more on MAF scaling....got a new turbo inlet coming in on Thursday and i will have to start all over again with tuning, due a filed turbo inlet that i tuned on lol :lol::lol::lol:....

Later
Ian

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Welcome [MENTION=5388]Raven32[/MENTION] got some pics?

Working on that now. Set this account up while I was at work today will post some here soon.

ian

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Welcome and enjoy! Feel free to ask any questions, especially tuning. :D

Nice i am out of Vacaville/work out of Davis. Just finished replacing my Flex pipe on my headers and all the gaskets. Not to mention the rounded out nut and broken bolt....

Starting a thread space for the car will have some information up there soon...started writing it up with pic's etc but ran out of time at work....Nothing there yet but soon....heres a link

Silver Bullet 2004 WRX STI

sacnvz

Woah! I work in Davis! LOL I'm right off the 113, on County Road 29. Let's have a lunch sometime.