How To: KSTech TGV Deletes

STi FR3AK

Armyssoldierboy
This thread will ONLY cover the KSTech tgv delete kit once the TGV's are out.

**DISCLAIMER**
You will throw a code for your tgv motors not being in sync. When you get tuned, the tuner will turn off the codes.

Things needed:
-Drill w/ bits
-Allen keys
-Hammer
-KSTech TGV delete kit:
--2 plugs
--2 end plates
--4 screws
-New manifold to TGV housings gaskets (might be able to reuse old ones but I replaced them)
-New TGV to head gaskets
-Sandpaper
-Shop towels
-Eyepro

1. Once you have the TGV housing off the car you should stick shop towels in the head ports.

2. Now you will need to take your drill and drill through the two rivets on the flapper bar to break the flaps free:
CIMG0029.jpg

3. Once the rivets are drilled out, turn the bar so the flaps will slide out of it. You may have to tap the flaps with the hammer but I used a big enough bit so they just fell out.

4. Next is the bar iteself. Put the TGV housing on it's side on the edge of a work bench or something. Tap the bar out and you should be left with this:
CIMG0033.jpg

5. Now is when you could PnP if you'd like, I didn't.

6. Now you take the KSTech kit and drop the plug in the bar's hole, align the end plate and screw it in to look like this:
CIMG0035.jpg

and the other side:
CIMG0036.jpg

7. I used some sandpaper to sand off the old gasket crud from the heads and the housings to get another good seal with the new gaskets. Try to sand away from the openings to avoid anything possibly getting past the shop towels and into your heads
CIMG0040.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg

8. Put new gaskets in place and reinstall the housings. The manifold bolts are 18.1lb/tq and the TGV bolts are 6.1lb's. Hand tight the manifold/TGV bolts! DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM...I snapped a bolt and it wasn't fun getting it out.

9. I discarded my motors and used electrical tape over the connectors' openings.

This whole process probably took me about 30min other than that one bolts. It's so easy once you get the manifold off. I'd do another how-to for that but I don't have near enough pics to properly show where every clip, clamp, hose etc are.

Last edited: