I bought a modded 2014 STI what stage is it ?

Spaceman

What’s up everyone , this is my first turbo car . I’m a speed racer so I’ve been reading and I don’t want to blow my motor. Little background I bought it at a dealership it has 30k miles . It seems like it’s only been used on a racetrack . I did a little research but I need confirmation it’s stage 3, my Cobb access port just came in today . I don’t want to use the preset maps what if I think it’s the wrong stage ? What if it’s already been tuned to whatever stage it is and I’m just fucking it up with the preset maps , the dealer knows nothing about the car is what they said. Just they got it from an auction , car fax shows owner . Yes I know I should just take it to a pro tuner but I’m short on cash right now so that won’t happen for at least another 2 weeks. Once we figure out what stage ? Should I use the preset stage for cobb or should I not and leave it at whatever tune it is if it even is tuned to what the car has . Please help , I drive it all day for work and I do race it on weekends but until I figure this out , she’s riding slow for now. I’m trying to add pictures but can’t figure out how
- Spaceman

Spaceman

full

Spaceman

UPDATE: I connected the Cobb access port, and it says it detected a previous tune, and it will be lost forever?

So maybe it is tuned for whatever stage it is?

What do I do?

I won’t be able to use my passport, or will I lose the possible perfect tune?

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinder34

Track Monkey
I wouldn't touch the tune right now. That's far beyond "stage 3" and its either a) got a great tune on it, or b) has a crappy tune on it. The only thing you can do at this point by erasing the tune is go to "b" above...or possibly put a "limp" tune on it until you get to a protuner.

If it already has "b" above...well, you're sitting on a timebomb. Unfortunately there's no way to reallllly know without some more digging, logging, etc..

Spaceman

I wouldn't touch the tune right now. That's far beyond "stage 3" and its either a) got a great tune on it, or b) has a crappy tune on it. The only thing you can do at this point by erasing the tune is go to "b" above...or possibly put a "limp" tune on it until you get to a protuner.

If it already has "b" above...well, you're sitting on a timebomb. Unfortunately there's no way to reallllly know without some more digging, logging, etc..
She runs great nothing that points to a crappy tune . I’ll get to a protuber soon