I got an alignment. Does this look right? Im pulling to the right.

ILSMKU2

Hey guys,

I just got an alignment done after the KW coilover install. Im kind of shocked I have so much negitive camber in the rear driver side. PEEK this. What do you guys think of this alignment? I also seem to be pulling to the RIGHT every so lightly. So I plan to take it back, but I wanted to get some info before I do.

Thank you!

photo (7).jpg

ILSMKU2

Yeah thats fine. The rear isnt adjustable without plates or aftermarket bolts.

Why are you running so little camber in the front?

Most cars pull right because of road curve. Mine does to a great extent even after an alignment.

I'm back at the shop tO get it done to my specs.

1.5 front, 6.5 caster 0toe and rear will have to stay for now. Guy here said tech said no frOnt camber adjustment... Lol. About to walk out. Jesus.

ILSMKU2

Update: Didnt go well. The tech didnt even touch my camber! He swore I had NO camber adjustment! ROFL. I was telling me he knew his shit and he had been doing alignments for 20yrs...ROFL. So I walked over to my car and pointed to the front camber bolt. At such point he walked away with his head down. He just wanted to blame my coil overs for the camber. Which my coilovers have NO camber adjustment tophats. Im using the stock tophats. I also asked them why they told me they had the 2011 STI specs but aligned me to a 08-10 outback sport specs? They didnt have anything to say on that one. I know they might be the same, but according to my car manual, it doesnt look the same to me.

Anyways... I called my dealership and spoke to the head mechanic Ed. He tunes subys on the side and knows his shit. I told him I got KW coilovers and he was thrilled about them. Saying he would align me nice and straight with zero TOE and get my caster matching. He also said he could probably get my rear camber matching by wigging the struts around in the back.

So I go see him on Monday.

Thanks for help Jared!

frankensubie

the cars may look the same underneath but the sti has much more aggressive alignment spec,different size tires, etc...dude didn't have a clue what he was doing or didn't care...either way you're better off going elsewhere

nathan2001

For the pull to the right. You could try swapping wheels left to right in the front and see if the pull goes away. Unless you got directional tires then swap them front to rear. I have seen alot of cars have tire pull. But lowered and stiff suspension cars with wider tires are more prond to road crown.

Nooch34

I think it was the "yard ton" (as opposed to a ft/lb) of toe in the right rear compared to the left... but I'm new, so I'm not sure.