GD Jswansti's 06 WRB STi

jswansti

asa9aqe4.jpg

Put the newly sprayed wheels on over the weekend. Not for everybody, but I love it so far!

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
I love em. Sweetness!

jswansti

Car is being returned to stock :( been having some issues lately and I would rather save my engine and drive it for a long time than have it take a dump on me. It was fun while it lasted!!

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Car is being returned to stock :( been having some issues lately and I would rather save my engine and drive it for a long time than have it take a dump on me. It was fun while it lasted!!

What issues have you been having?

jswansti

Misfire issues mainly, due to injectors. I'm just done with the DW 850's. I could do the T1 conversion and a retune but I don't have the funds, and I'm getting a bit tired of worrying about a catastrophic failure. Car has 111,000 miles on her. The engine is fine, but I just have a feeling something bad will happen eventually and it's my only car. So goin back to stock for safety reasons, and I may try to find something new in the next year or so, getting rid of a well running stock car is easier especially if I do a trade in.
She's still fun to drive stock anyways! Gonna leave the Cobb axleback on for sound, my mechanic/tuner said there shouldn't be any issue with leaving it on, on stock tune.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Stock tune? Wouldnt Stage 1 be better?

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
HolyCrapItsFast can tune it here for you.

Who tuned it before?

jswansti

Stock tune? Wouldnt Stage 1 be better?

Possibly, but I think I'm just done with tunes at the moment. Plan on selling off most of my parts when they're off anyways, including the AP. I'm not worried about the engine on the stock tune, and I could use the fund for other stuff at the moment. Just got out of a pretty long relationship, had to sublease our condo, with the parents temporarily until I can save enough to maybe buy a place of my own. Other priorities at the moment I guess.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Ouch. Sorry to hear that bud. Hope everything goes positive and well for you! :tup:

jswansti

Ouch. Sorry to hear that bud. Hope everything goes positive and well for you! :tup:

Thanks, I appreciate it! Life's been pretty crazy lately and I'm just trying to get back to a semi-normal state. Not sure what it is, but I'm just falling out of the car scene a bit. I really like the new XV Crosstreks in orange, so I may try to pick one up in the next year or so.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Thanks, I appreciate it! Life's been pretty crazy lately and I'm just trying to get back to a semi-normal state. Not sure what it is, but I'm just falling out of the car scene a bit. I really like the new XV Crosstreks in orange, so I may try to pick one up in the next year or so.

We are here for you! :tup:

Those XV in orange are great looking cars though! If you can find some sick pics, post them!!

icudruln

Sorry to hear about the rough times man! I had to put the Subie off the to side for a while as well; I got a cheap daily (swapped 92 Civic) to conserve on gas/insurance, wear and tear on the STi. Just something to consider if you do want to keep your STi long term. Best wishes bud.