GD Karen's 2006 WRX prepped for SCCA ESP

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm thoroughly impressed. :tup: The salt flats is on my bucket list of places to go with my car. So did you do some tooling around out there? Any action shots on the flats?

CamaroWRX

I'm thoroughly impressed. :tup: The salt flats is on my bucket list of places to go with my car. So did you do some tooling around out there? Any action shots on the flats?
Having driven ~85mph with a rental car on the salt, I have no desire to drive my own personal car very fast with no safety equipment around, and also no means to easily and quickly wash the salt out of all the fender wells and other crevices. As it was, the salt was really moist this time, and I still haven't gotten it all out, especially with the damaged side skirt on the driver side. I scraped a lot of salt out on Saturday at the NEDivs, which led to some quizzical looks as people walked past my paddock space.

"Is that.... salt?"
"Yes."
"Where did it come from?"
"Bonneville."
<silent, confused look>
:lol:

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
Well you make a good point and I'm rethinking my bucket list. :lol:

CamaroWRX

Paul.c

Cool write-ups. Thanks for sharing your stories. I have always been amazed at what happens there and one of my all time favorite movies is "World's Fastest Indian". I'm sad to say I can't wait to sell my STi so I can afford to auto-x again.

CamaroWRX

Took the car up to IAG for a new gauge cluster today.
QJ04YFQLH3XR1LLH33AV3WKEF3GIHPBHRZ1YUKMMAMAIILG1.jpg

Had the Stri DSD 52mm oil pressure, boost and EGT gauges installed.

As for "other pics" from Nationals, I got a few from Perry Bennett.
296548_263740783659568_183661595000821_817905_1747851050_n.jpg

321677_263739713659675_183661595000821_817901_1947530468_n.jpg

Trying to decide what else to do to the car over the winter to keep up with the American pony cars. I drove Pat's purple third gen Camaro (which had the times to finish just behind Madarash at Nationals, if he hadn't coned) at the last Autocrossers, Inc event, and even driving like crap, I PAXed 15th. My car needs to be moar faster!

My best run in the purple third gen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HprBj5sVZrQ

Compare to Pat's best (he finished 4th on PAX)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuR4NF3h1HQ

CamaroWRX

New TurnInConcepts bushings -- I'll be testing a set of their collaboration control arm bushings (TiC/MSI rearward front control arm bushings) this weekend.

DSC_2204.jpg

I just got this set of the rear trailing arm bushings too.

311944_10150328725936637_662741636_8632835_1620822378_n.jpg

Looks like I might have to do at least a few events this fall!

CamaroWRX

Got the TiC/MSI collaboration bushings installed the other week.

DSC_2225.jpg

I did a sort of review, including the results of the autocross I did last weekend, here : http://camarowrx.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-turn-in-conceptsmsi.html. I might try to hit another autocross next weekend to further test the handling differences, depending on how the weather holds around here.

Cliff Notes : The install went smoothly except for a problem with a bolt on my car. The handling differences are hard to perceive on a near-full ESP-prep WRX (especially when steering rack bushings are one of those things), but handling is improved, with no increase in NVH.

SSJBaku

im in on the group buy for the whole assembly, don't have access to a press and they just look nice so yup went for it

CamaroWRX

Several more bushings installed (TiC front/rear trailing arms), and a set of blingy carbon fiber hood dampers... next up, headers, an intake manifold and retuning to go with (end of February). I might have a line on a CGM wingless trunk too. We'll see. :)

CamaroWRX

So, it looks like the following will be going on the car in the next month :

KillerB oil pickup
Perrin equal length headers
TGV delete
TiC lateral link bushings
Whiteline front control arm, front bushings

The guy I'd been talking to about doing a wingless trunk swap has evidently flaked. So, I might just wait to see if IAG comes across a wingless trunk they can spray CGM ...and then maybe work up a rear spoiler.
smile.gif

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Very nice mod list. :)

Karen make sure you also check out IGOTASUBARU.COM.

CamaroWRX

I had a great time at Boxerfest last weekend and getting to meet and play with some of the SubieGirls!

10308273_10151993848381637_6887663203379423651_n.jpg

So, I updated the parts list with the return to the ACT clutch/flywheel after the Competition Clutch gave up the ghost during the DC ProSolo the weekend before Boxerfest. Now, after having to return the car to IAG this week with what appears to be yet another issue with the suspension, I'm starting to wonder if a decade+ of autocrossing is finally taking a toll on the zzyzx housings. IIRC, Greg McCance bought them from Jason Wong, who had them on his STX WRX before Greg was using them on his STX/ESP car. In the four years I've been using them, I've replaced and refreshed the inserts, but I am still having various issues.

I'm open to ideas, but after having to replace the clutch and considering I'll need to buy a set of tires at some point this season, money is an object.