Ej257
Mods:
Manley pistons
TGV deletes
Catch can
AFTA MAF hose (Perrin)
Turbo inlet hose (Perrin)
Cosworth filter
Custom 3" turbo back exhaust (based on HKS silent hi-power excl. mid resonator)
So nothing major

I had my car retuned at the builder last year September after i purchased the inlet parts as the previous setup was leaking severely and the car was very rich. At best on average she gave 270km on a tank

After the tune, (0,9bar every day tune) car felt great but the next day i got a boost spike 4th going to 5th.
Went back to the tuner, he made an adjustment in the driveway (no conformation drive or anything) and i was off again, no more boost spike.

If i drove nicely i got 440km out of a tank but i averaged 380km with s bit more freeway driving than before but still traffic.
December i bought another daily and she could now only be driven on weekends.
Earlier this year the consumption seemed to start becoming way worse, she was no longer a daily but i did some open road driving and could hardly get 280km on the tank, this was cruising at 120kph with cruise control.
I then added Octane booster before a run one morning and in the return a error popped up. The car was popping quite a lot with the OB in, and on the return whilst cruising below boost a system lean error came up.
Checked the fuel filter, reset the car and cleared the error. Its a tank later now and the error has not come up again but i'm cautious now as to why this happened.

The fuel consumption is also almost on a all time high and sometimes it smells like its running a bit rich now (nog as bad as before the tune though).

So the available options:
1. I have had some referenced to other tuners, mostly using open-source tuning.
2. We have an ecutek master tuner in the country, however they lock the ecu, so should i want some one else to tune it, I'm stuffed
3. Cobb access port v3. I've considered getting the AP v3 for a while. I'm mostly intrigued by the number of available maps i can have at my disposal. I guess my biggest question on this is, who develops the online available maps, and will some one from overseas be able to assist me with getting the cobb map 100% as I'm from South Africa and we are limited in reliable tuners here.
I'm not afraid of trying myself, i just want the basics to be correct so that once i start playing its only fine tuning.

Also lastly, can a cobb AP be utilized on more than and car, i.e, if i sell and buy another car, and also if i have two Subarus?

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
First I would try to troubleshoot some of your issues because a tune does not degrade over time but the car does. From the description it sounds like you developed some leaks and you should do a boost leak test and/or a smoke test. I also recommend you replace your plugs right away and gap them to .028 inches

If it is available for your region, the Cobb AccessPort is a good solution and the online maps are reliable and well developed... But that assumes a car with exactly the prescribed parts and being in prefect mechanical condition. The other viable solution is OpenSource which is also a very reliable option if you find a good tuner. We can provide you with tuning assistance through our e-tuning service which is complementary for premium members and we can tune both Cobb and OpenSource. We do EcuTech also but only for local customers.

Before anything though I would recommend you send us a log of normal around town driving while recording the following parameters.

A/F Correction #1
A/F Learned #1
RPM
Calculated Load
Manifold Absolute Pressure
Feedback Knock Correction
Fine Learned Knock Correction
MAF Voltage
Intake Air Temp
Injector Duty Cycle
Ignition Timing

Piper86

Thanks for the advice and the assistance offered.
I'm planning on doing a boost leak test, and i only need to change my fuel filter still, i however want to relocate it back into the tank as it originally was (previous owner mod)
Then from there on ill look i to the mapping.
I'm considering the COBB AP,if not I have the OpenSource option available and will make use of that.

Plugs are new, fitted 6000km ago, but i will check the gaps, they are NGK iridium plugs, one stage colder. I also still. Ave the normal set which are still in good condition.