New Member New Toy

STi_Walker

Hey everyone my name is Trever I got my STi a couple weeks ago. It?s a 2015 with 47k on her with slight mods (Perrin intake, silver neo max springs) have had a blast driving it since I got it. I live in the Knoxville TN area. Nice to meet everyone. Here?s a few pics of it.
c4da652f2c3162cbf1e62c68bc2b33ad.jpg
5573123bba728b2aa78badf51f3181ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!! You're going to absolutely love it here!! Congrats on the new ride!!

What other cars have you had in the past? How does the STi compare to them? Is there anything you don't like about it? What do you love about it?

Did your car come with a Cobb Accessport, meaning it has a tune that takes the intake into account?

STi_Walker

I have had quite a few sports cars Nissan240SX (SR20DET Red Top) ,RX7 turbo II (13b turbo)1994 Mustang GT(5.0) supercharged,2015 Mustang GT but this is the first AWD sports car I have had. I like the way it handles especially and it?s quick! I bought the car from a Ford dealership no access port or tunes on it. Thanks for the warm welcome

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Please post pictures of your previous cars if you can!

Why did you get rid of the 2015 GT? What did you think of the coyote engine and the IRS? Did you run into any issues at all? What was your MPG?

Since your car did not come with a Cobb AP, I heavily recommend you source a stock intake to put install back on the car. You can either sell the Perrin intake or keep it for a later point in time if you think you're going to buy a Cobb AP in the future. I believe one of the OTS (Off The Shelf) maps that Cobb has is for a Stage 1 Perrin intake. You'll have to look on their website for the exact details since I'm recalling from memory.

By having an intake, but no tune to compensate for it, the engine is not in harmony and you can cause issues. If you're new to the Subaru platform with no previous knowledge, I recommend you read our sticky threads.

STi_Walker

Well I guess the first mod is putting a stock air intake back on it or buy an access port and tune it so my engine doesn?t blow up

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Well I guess the first mod is putting a stock air intake back on it or buy an access port and tune it so my engine doesn?t blow up

Get us some more pictures if you can, including of the engine bay.

Ask any and all questions that you may have as it's better to be safe than sorry.