New to the forums. I just got an 2015 STi

Hello I am from Kansas and I got a 2015 Subaru WRX STi Color is Red. This is such a fun car and I am glad I found really cool community's like this site.
here is what my car!
wHlBKFCl.jpg

and this one is mine and my Brothers new car. Both look awesome
MCBvgGul.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Welcome to IGOTASTI!!!!

More pictures of the red!!! First one i have seen!!!!

More pictures of the challenger as well!!!!

What cars have you had prior?

Yeah I really like the red color on this car.
I had a 2008 Chevy 1500 crew cab for the last 6 years. before that I had 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD and before that a 2000 hyundai tiburon.
I will get some more photos of both of these cars but here are a few more from that album:
WVW4V0Al.jpg

Y2gtKiQl.jpg

mSK43g8l.jpg

dfMaEyDl.jpg

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Damn the red is so nice. How are the reactions that you have been receiving?

So far everyone likes the car. Most say the red really looks awesome! The issue right now is that I had Knee surgery 5 days after I got the car so my dad has been driving me around and people keep looking at him weird because he has full head of grey hair. haha I just crack up when I see older guys in big trucks looking at the car with an odd face while he is driving it.
So right before the surgery I got the car up to 992 miles on it. I almost got the the 1k break in but now my dad has been driving the car telling me how awesome the care is(Jerk lol). He has almost 300 miles in the car now. So I would say at least my dad is enjoying the car while I am unable to drive for 8 weeks.

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Hahaha man. Time of his life! Recover already so you can enjoy YOUR car! :lol:

Any plans for mods yet?

ZachTTLM

Welcome to the group! I am not a fan of Red cars but DAMN that looks good :)

Thanks guys.

Yeah I know I will be getting a cold air intake and maybe the Cobb AP. I haven't modded other than intakes before. Not really sure if I will need the Cobb AP right away but on a few sites it says to re map the car after getting the new intake. Do you think I will need to the AP right away?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Leave the stock intake on. Theyre very optimized! Get an accessport for sure since youre somewhat new to in depth modding!

Then you can focus on exhaust and suspension! :tup:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
Stock intake is good for 400 HP. Leave it and do the silence delete if you want to hear more of the turbo. ;)

once I recover Me and my brother will be racing the cars now that I am over my 1k break in. he has been practicing for a while now. said he got 0-60 in 5.4 as his best so far. his car has a timer in his car for that. I wish the STi had a 0-60 timer that would be awesome.

OOO first of all I have not had a manual car since 2000. I took my son to Branson Mo and if you have been there they have tons of hills out there. First thing I found out without know is the hill assist. Auto breaking while on an incline. My favorite option so far. makes it so easy to drive a clutch on a hill. the funny story I had when I first knew about it was I was on a hill where it was such an incline I could barley see the road I was turning onto. A car pulled up right on my ass and I was like crap I have not had any practice on hill take offs. I was like you Mother F'er as I was about to start then my foot slipped off the break and I was like OOOOO SH... hey the car auto breaks for you... Okay nm carry on good sir hahaha. That's how I found out about hill assist.

what is the silence delete?? so don't do a cold air intake huh. Never heard that a stock air filter would be better than cold air intake but I will take your word for it.
also as far as exhaust I have heard some really bad sounding ones for the 2015. what type do you guys like that still give it the bass type sound. I hate rice burner sound.
If I do that will I need to do up and down pipes as well?

Alin

Diehard Car Enthusiast!
Wow a lot of things to go over. Youve been out of the game for a while huh? What an amazing car to get you back into the grove of things! Yes hill assist is awesome that 04-10 didnt have. (Did they start it in 08 or 11? Not sure. Correct me if im wrong)

The 15 has a nice list of upgrades so definitely give the owners manual a read or two! :tup:

One thing about the stock i take you can do in addition to the silencer delete is a k&n air filter! :tup:

Just a catback exhaust will do for you now. I say take it slow with the modding and just do stage 1 at first. Then later down the road you can get a downpipe and go stage 2!

Suspension is already the best it has ever been so enjoy stock for a while before you upgrade.

This all is accordance to how bad the mod bug will bite you! :lol:

IGOTASTi

System Operator
Staff member
what is the silence delete?? so don't do a cold air intake huh. Never heard that a stock air filter would be better than cold air intake but I will take your word for it.
also as far as exhaust I have heard some really bad sounding ones for the 2015. what type do you guys like that still give it the bass type sound. I hate rice burner sound.
If I do that will I need to do up and down pipes as well?

Go here | http://igotasti.com/vBforum/showthread.php?7588-Intake-Silencer-Delete-DIY-Mod