OFFICIAL: The Flavors of SoCal

djmatao

flavors_final.jpg

Coming Soon!
thumbup.gif

So first off, I want to thank everyone on SCS and our fellow Subie sites that helped make Flavors of SoCal such a great meet last year. We enjoyed many fantastic meets at some rather good places, and this year will be no different. Last year we helped bring together our Subie community from all over SoCal, we had people from Inland Empire, San Diego, Ventura, OC, LA and a few times the high desert! Hopefully this year we can continue to expand and make the meet even bigger. We are hoping to try out some new things with the meet later in the year, but wont be done without all of your approval
smile.gif
Also, as most everyone knows we are no longer allowing for a democratic selection for the location, however while we are no longer voting suggestions are still always welcomed. If any suggestions are submitted, please do so through PM to myself, and as always if a location is selected that is submitted that person will recieve the credit for the spot. Please make sure that any location submitted can accomodate everyone, I believe our largest meet last year had almost 50 cars, and we are hoping to expand that this year. This meet is no longer simply SCS exclusive either, it is now posted on 6 Subaru websites under the SoCal region. Also as always, any suggestions that will help improve the meet please feel free to discuss it with me, I am open to all suggestions. My schedule is always hectic and so planning of the meet sometimes gets hectic as well, but this year we are going to try and make some changes to improve it. We made 2010 a year to remember, lets do the same with 2011
smile.gif

(OP from first meet) Earlier today, I and a few other SCS members were all having a discussion and we thought, ?€œWhat would be better than having a meet that combined food and car??€? Well naturally we couldn?€™t think of anything better than the two, so we would like to welcome everyone out to this meet; every meet will actually be at a different location in conjunction with the type of food that is chosen for that particular day. Whether it is American food, Mexican food, Vietnamese, Chinese, etc, this meet is for anyone who likes to eat and enjoy cars.

Meet: The Flavors of SoCal

Date: January 9th, 2011

Time: 1pm

Rules:
1)Please ABSOLUTELY No Burnouts
2)Do Not Sit And Rev Your Car Obnoxiously (This will only attract unwanted attention)
3)Do Not Race Around Like A Would-Be Ricer Kid (Save it for the track)
4)Be Polite To The Surrounding Environment, Which Means No Littering
5)Shouldn?€™t Be A Problem, But Please Act In A Mature Manner, We Are All Adults Here
6)OPTIONAL Nametags (Read Below for more info) While Optional, if you dont have one, one will be issued to you LoL

We Appreciate Everyone Following These Rules, We?€™d Hate for Anyone to Get into Any Trouble!

Ok So Nametags. Quite a few people requested this and it makes sense, but im not making it mandatory. At alot of these meets people have a hard time sometimes taking that first step to introduce themselves. Well The concept of this nametag rule is to put your screename onto it with you real name in parenthesis under it. We are hoping that this will help motivate people to expand out from just the people that they know and help make the Subie fam stronger. With nametags being displayed it will also help connect a face to the names of the people we are talking to on here. Please feel free to give feedback on this as we would like to make this all turn out as best as possible.

Also, this meet is going to be a once a month meet that will be taking place on the second sunday of every month. During the next two weeks following the meet we are going to let you guys give some feedback on where you would like to see the next meet take place. Remember we want to try and get a location that will have plenty of parking for all of us. Then after we have some suggestions we will open a poll and allow it to be voted on, once the results are in, the location will be placed onto the original post and we will see evreyone at that meet!

Lastly, alot of people I talked to requested this as well, and I cant make it a rule because I cant force anyone to go out and buy Subaru apperal but we would like to see everyone rockin' their favorite Subaru apperal, whether is be a shirt, hat, underwear lol whatever it may be, we'd like to see people rockin it. Most every Subaru driver owns at least one Subaru article of clothing, but if you dont you are under no obligation to go out an buy something, you will not be kicked out of the meet LOL

Flavors of SoCal 2010

http://www.socalsubies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3667

Official Flavors of SoCal Picture Thread

http://www.socalsubies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4989

Websites Flavors of SoCal Is On:

SCS
Nasioc
Subiegirls
Brocaltuners
IWSTI
3GWRX
ClubWRX
WRX Tuners
Gushi Auto Intl
IGOTASTi
Facebook

*Meet Banner Courtesy of Beedee!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

djmatao

January 9th, 2011

Niko Niko Sushi*
17501 Colima Rd.
#E
Industry, CA 91748

Unofficial List:

djmatao
jocy411
kas_sasaki555
CarinaQ
2.5iHERE
Oce420
itzphill
bullit
1nastyboi
08WRX_DTP
Zzyzx85
Upsidedown
GDBwrx3
Big_Hairy_Wrx
jdmbeasti
Trusldie (iwsti)
Nakioki
Livinglegend629
ewrd
SubieChick13
05wrx13
openeyes
criticalm@ss
bullit
Alcantarajsb1
jexeffectz

Last edited:

djmatao

This meet has been going on for a year now, and finally after a year of great meets I have decided to open the meet up from being exclusive to SoCalSubie to several other subaru websites. This is an open invitaion, its a meet and eat type of even that happens every second sunday of the month at different locations through out the SoCal region. Hopefully we will get to meet some of you out at the meet.

If you are interested in coming and hanging out, let me know so I can add you to our attendance list, I like to keep a record of everyone who comes out. We will be having a group photo as well and If you review the 2010 SoCalSubies thread linked in the first post you will see the attendance lists and group photos from the meets last year. Scattered throughout the thread are more pictures but digging is requried. After the first meet I will be creating an official photo thread for 2011 so we can keep track of all photos for the meet.

-DJ