Opensource 32bit Speed Density now available!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
you silly kids and 32 bit ecu's :rofl: im happy for you guys...

Innocent thread jack :oops: holy i may need your help tomorrow with some logging if you can check out my thread

Oh of coarse man... I will be getting up around 12:00 though.lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Hey Reks - you need to pay more attention to my other posts ;) There's a project called Carberry on Romraider for the JDM 02-04 16 bit ecu that has a whole bunch of other functionality, including Sd, you lucky bastard. SD, anti-lag, FFS, LC, map switching, etc. etc. Similar to the type of work Tephra was doing for the Evo's/

http://romraider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7567&start=0

Td_d

Commander In Chief
MAKE THIS WORK FOR 08+ NAO!

I'd love to go speed density with my current setup...

Well, I've downloaded the code, going to have a look at how it's set up, and whether it would be as easy as just reconfiguring the hooks / calls into the various variables that the code requires, otherwise, if there's enough interest, I'm sure we could pull together a donation together for Merp (the guy who coded this) to port it for the roms we want?

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Looks like this might be very straightforward - I'm going to try and see if I can port it for my rom. It's basically a block of code that's put at the end of the used space on the ROM, with one redirect in the main body of code that I'm gathering redirects the MAF code to the new code. Here there is reference to 5 specific logged variables. So basically, all I would need to do is make sure that I know which variables these are, and replace them with the code pointing to the right variables in the new Rom.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Ok, well ROM area 0xf4000 is also open space in my rom, so it's likely that in all the 32bit ecus that space is available to drop in the code. Now trying to find the hook off the MAF routine.

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Ok, managed to drop in the hook from the MAF flow function, and drop in the SD code into the empty space. So basically, if I can figure out the variables being called, and one subroutine - scratch that, just figured out the subroutine (2D map pull), and one of the variables Manifold_Relative_Sea_Level_Pressure_4byte. So I have 4 variable hooks to figure out (and I think I've got 3 of them) and I have a fully ported EDM 08 speed density patch!

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
I'm so glad you are here... This is so far beyond me right now. My expertise will come later when it comes time to actually tune SD. For now I will just sit back and watch in amazement!

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Ok, sent through a query to Merp to check for some of the variables, going to call it a night, 1am again. Man, I obsess :tard:

What glitches Fuji?

Mart

I have shown tephra mods to Merp. I am sure he will pull it off. Soon we are gonna have something close to tephra. I am working on finding my MIL ecu Port on my 06 sti... in order to implement a Flash CEL on knock...

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Hey Mart - I was hoping you'd chime in ;) Yeah, he knows his shit, I have to say. The hardware port / IO stuff is still above my head, slowly beginning to get my head around the asssembly side of the routines. I think I'm pretty close to porting this - once I have the EDM 08, should be quite easy to port across to the USDM roms. This should be fun!

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Still trying to nail down two variables - waiting for Merp to post up the source code, want to be absolutely sure that it's all correct. There are also 4 variables that the code actually creates to log SD parameters. In the WRX rom they are basically after all the normal extended parameters. In my rom, there those addresses are actually used - so it looks like I'll need to relocate those as well. Btw, Merp will convert other Roms per request and as donations come in. I'm happy to donate to have some of the other features that will be added on in future.

Last edited:

Vermont

Hurry with nailing it down..... I am sick of scaling my maf table I feal like I have to redo it every time I sneeze near the car..... :D

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Alright! Merp has posted the source code, so I know all the variables now. I'll try and wrap up tonight, but on a red eye flight out of town tomorrow, so might only be able to get to this on Wednesday.

Woot!

Oh - and to start lining it up - if you want me to try and port it for you, post up your Rom code (e.g. mine is AZ1G202) so I can start getting the roms disassembled and populated with the relevant parameters, somewhat of a time consuming mission to unpack each one. As soon as I've got mine working, and I'm happy it's kosher, I'll dedicate some time to other roms.

Last edited:

Vermont

Alright! Merp has posted the source code, so I know all the variables now. I'll try and wrap up tonight, but on a red eye flight out of town tomorrow, so might only be able to get to this on Wednesday.

Woot!

Oh - and to start lining it up - if you want me to try and port it for you, post up your Rom code (e.g. mine is AZ1G202) so I can start getting the roms disassembled and populated with the relevant parameters, somewhat of a time consuming mission to unpack each one. As soon as I've got mine working, and I'm happy it's kosher, I'll dedicate some time to other roms.

Damn you for having an 08..... AZ1G202I here..... I am pretty sure the 08 Roms will run on a 09 though. Post up yours once you finish and we will find out. If this turns out be be a viable option I think that I will be going SD as well..... I know iI can use the MAF as an intake temp and then use the MAP sensor still right? Or does it not have enough resolution?

Td_d

Commander In Chief
Hey Vermont - I should be able to do your rom pretty easy, actually. The '08 to '10 roms, even across countries, are pretty similar in terms of the - which makes it pretty easy to track down locations and references by pattern matching. It's comparing the pre-'08s to post '08s that becomes a pain the ass. The roms from '08 onwards use something called GBR addressing much more, which changes the code, and also makes it a pain to find locations.

Won't be able to work on it tonigh, but hopefully tomorrow. Don't ask me about the physical side of running SD - I'm clueless :tard: In fact, I was going to ask one of the more mechanically inclined individuals here as to what, if anything, would need to be modded to run SD.