Pistons & Rods

So I am in the process of building my engine and need some advice. I am looking to be at the 425-450 AWHP on E85 and will not be wanting to go higher than this ever. I will track the car again at some point but may be a few years as I have to pay the cost of this build off before I go destroying it again. Cobb Tuning Plano said that I should go with MANLEY PRO SERIES TURBO TUFF "I" BEAM STEEL CONNECTING RODS # 14416-4 & MANLEY PLATINUM SERIES TURBO TUFF PISTONS #632205C-4 but for some reason I feel like that is over kill for my goal. I do want to drive the piss out of it and it be reliable. Will the MANLEY PLATINUM SERIES LIGHTWEIGHT PISTONS #612005C-4 & "H" BEAM STEEL H-Tuff Plus CONNECTING RODS #15024R6-4 not be suffecient for that. It is only a $400 difference.

HolyCrapItsFast

Drinks beer!
The H-Tuff Plus rods will be more than sufficient for your goal. Consider Wiseco pistons also. The ring landings are spaced apart better and they have more material for a robust design.

Grinder34

Track Monkey
Maybe because it's "only a $400 difference" as you said. They'd rather recommend something 6-sigma rather than just 4-sigma for reliability (or something along those lines).